Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TarheelofVa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Kitchen sink sprayer leaks
    Hello my problem is driving me crazy.. for the past year I have paid a plumber over and over again to replace the sprayer on my kitchen sink.. last few times I have bought the most expensive sprayers possible hoping they would last longer. But NOPE ! One of the plumbers told me after replacing the sprayer the last time that some diverter? ( I think he said ) is causing my problems.. Because there is too much water pressure on my sprayer and causing them to start leaking after only a month or so after replacing them.. the last time I replaced the sprayer myself and heck this time it started leaking only after about a week.. Everything is put together right and tightened properly.. Well today a steady spray mist of water started coming out of the sprayer when you turn the water on in the sink.. I am talking when you haven't even tried to turn the sprayer on it is spraying a mist of water.. I have had it ! Please help ! I can't afford to have a plumber come out right now and I can't do without my sprayer.. What is diverter ? And why would a diverter in the fuacet make the sprayer leak ?
    Thanks for any help you can give me :)
    Lynette
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 26, 2007, 12:11 PM
    One of the plumbers told me after replacing the sprayer the last time that some diverter? ( I think he said ) is causing my problems..
    Because there is too much water pressure on my sprayer and causing them to start leaking after only a month or so after replacing them..
    How much water pressure do you have in your house? Do you have a PRV (Pressure Reducing Valve) installed just after the water pipe enters your house? Back to you, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 01:04 PM
    You sprayer isn't leaking, it is doing what it is supposed to do, allow water down its line. The diverter is in the faucet and it is suppose to stop the warter from reaching the sprayer. It is the diverter that is leaking. Go back and answer Speedball1's question the best you can. You may have too much water pressure coming in and your old faucet can't handle it. 40-60 psi is the range and 45 psi is best for a home.

Oct 26, 2007, 03:31 PM
    My Water pressure is fine ( so says the plumber).. My faucet is ony a couple years old well maybe 4 years old.. it's a Amercian Standard faucet with the tall goose neck faucet.. One handle to the left of the faucet and oh course sprayer.. The diverter is what that plumber told me about months ago then.. He said I would be replacing sprayer after sprayer and he was right..
    Thanks so much for yalls help.. Now I guess I will have to search for diagrams and such of the inside of the faucet and directions to do the repair kit on it.. lol
    Thanksssssss !
    Lynette
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 26, 2007, 03:39 PM
    If you can give us the brand name and the model number of the faucet along with a explanation of why the plumber said the pressure was too high for the diverter in your faucet and yet he tells you that,"Your water pressure's fine" and we'll walk you through the repair, ( or try to! ) Cheers, Tom

Oct 26, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Ok let me try to explain what the plumber said.. He said that our water pressure is high but maybe not the reason of why we have gone thur so many sprayers.. He said the sprayer problem was coming from the diverter being messed up.Sorry I asked my brother inlaw about it when he got home from work today.. The pressure is not a issue only the diverter.. He is more of a computer person and not so much on plumbing but I think we are going to try to fix this faucet anyway. We don't still have the paper work that came with the faucet but it is an American Standard Jasmine Hi-Flow Kitchen Faucet
    Just like the one in the link here except it is polished chrome instead of gold.. any help would a blessing.. Thanks for answering our questions so far
    American Standard - Products

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen sink sprayer [ 1 Answers ]

My sprayer will not stop spraying. When I shut off the water then turn it back on it still comes out the sprayer. Any suggestions on how to get it to stop? I have taken the sprayer all apart but can't get it to stop.

Kitchen sink sprayer leaking from under sink [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer is leaking from underneath my sink. We just replaced the spray head part. Could it be the hose or what else could it be? Thank you!

Kitchen sink sprayer leaks [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! We have a new sink/faucet system. When it was put in originally, 3 months ago, everything worked fine. But we had to have our countertops replaced and a new sink was put in and a different plumber hooked everything up. Since it has been hooked up this last time the sprayer leaks after it...

Kitchen sink sprayer [ 2 Answers ]

I've lost pressure in my kitchen sink sprayer. The faucet is half on and the sprayer is half on. What's up?

Kitchen sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer will spray but only a trickle comes out. I seem to have no pressure. Can you help me fix this.

View more questions Search