Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hase5826 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2005, 08:26 PM
    Can I open bank account outside state ?
    I stay in NYC. I work in NYC.

But I want to open account in other state (New Jersey, Delaware)

Can I open bank account New Jersey or Delaware?

If OK. Please tell me how to open bank account in other state.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2005, 10:30 AM
    Sure you can.

I'm not sure I understand the question. It's likely that most banks around you will have branches in the surrounding states.

What is it you are trying to achieve?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2005, 09:30 PM
    Bank
    I live in TN,

My main bank is in GA

Actually most banks are national banks. My current bank has branches in 30 or so states, I can walk into any branch and be told I am over drawn.

Also there is "online" banks that many people use.

You may open a bank in Germany if you want
    hase5826 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2005, 12:26 AM
    Bank
    Dear Fr Chuck

Thank you for answering soon.

I try to open account in other state or online banking.

Online bank is good for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bank account garnishment law [ 8 Answers ]

Can a creditor place a garnishment on my account and take or hold funds without notifying me first. This has recently happened to my bank account and now there are numerous over draft charges because of this hold and the transactions where prior to the hold is this legal. Thank You, Tbreland

Bank Account Judgement [ 10 Answers ]

Last week I discovered that my bank account was 0. I called my bank and they explained that I had a legal judgement against my account for debt collection. I have an appointment with an attorney later this week but cannot cash my paycheck at my bank as they will force deposit it into my account to...

Bank Account Seizure [ 14 Answers ]

I was married less than a year ago. Up to this point I have had a bank account for 13 years, no problems and no outstanding debt. But my new husband has a debt that is unresolved and now creditors/collectors has put a freeze on my bank account because I recently added his name. All of the monies...

Bank Account Garnishments [ 5 Answers ]

My bank account was recently frozen by a company for a vehicle I co-signed for with a friend in 1999 who had insufficient credit. It was repossessed without my knowledge until much later :mad:. The car was purchased solely for my friend to use as I had a car;never drove it or rode in it. Both of...

Bank account levy [ 5 Answers ]

We live in Missouri. My husband has had a levy placed upon our bank account from a repo from several years ago. What will happen to the account? This account is seldom used, but if this is what they want to do, then should I start making monthly deposits in it? How much are they entitled to?...

View more questions Search