Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    I think it is much easier to tune into melancholy feelings and write about them than happier ones! To me, the melancholy feelings, by meaning alone, lead to brooding and pensiveness so it is only natural that it is easier to write about! Melancholy is all about expression! :)

I write quite a bit, but find it much easier to write a pouring out of emotion when I am melancholy or deeply emotional.

Hugs, Didi
    Oops! There you are!

I do agree with you concerning writing being easier when pouring out emotion under the circumstances that you indicate.

But, I am curious as to why you have chosen the word "melancholy" over other words that might be used, such as depressed, reflective, blue, downhearted, saddened, dejected, etc.

Thanks!

Hugs, Craig
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 10:57 PM
    Hi Craig, I had an hour to myself, so came on to nose around. :D I would really love to read some of your poetry, you know! Most of mine is a little too... deep(?)... possibly risqué(?) for AMHD. :) Actually, truth be known, it is difficult for me to let people into the depths of my soul. Although, when I think of the way I respond to the questions here, I guess my soul has been pretty much bared. Hahaha!

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 11:02 PM
    I chose melancholy because, to me, it is a more pensive sadness, perhaps? I do not have to be depressed to be melancholy, not do I have to be dejected! In fact, I honestly can't think of anything I have written when I have been depressed or dejected. To me, melancholy is like being surrounded in a soft cloud of warm thoughts. I really can't explain it further than that. I can be in love and be melancholy.

Hugs, Didi
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 11:02 PM
    "Birds of a feather, flock together!"
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 11:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    since the digital cameras batteries are currently charging, maybe you gals/guys can tell me if some of my poems are any good :)

heres the first poem i wrote since i started writing poetry about half a year ago or more...it kinda worried all my friends lolz
    Hmmmm... to be honest, I don't enjoy the first one. I liked the beginning, up to the word lies, but the remainder of it became too... abrupt, I think. The last two lines just didn't seem to do the first part any justice at all. Of course, that's only my opinion, and critiques of poetry, just like art, is all relative to the person who is giving the opinion. :)

I VERY much enjoyed 'No Heart' (if I can use the word enjoyed for such a deep and sad poem). The last poem, is pretty good, I think, but I get lost in poetry that is too complicated, and the way it is written is too complicated for me. :D I did get a certain amount of imagery from it though.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Hugs, Didi
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 11:27 PM
    I made a new post, if anyone is interested. It concerns creativity!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/writin...tml#post681481
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2007, 11:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I made a new post, if anyone is interested. It concerns creativity!

I hope my second post was creative enough! Heehee!
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Oct 22, 2007, 11:46 PM
    Hi Grammadidi and Clough!! What time is it where you are?1?
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 11:52 PM
    Hi, Erica!

Didi has gone to bed. She is an hour ahead of me. It is 1:50 a.m. where I am.

Craig

Oct 23, 2007, 12:09 AM
    Oh man, you guys are headed for bed, and I'm just getting started. No wonder no one is on throughout the day!!
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 12:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    oh man, you guys are headed for bed, and im just getting started. no wonder no one is on throughout the day !!!
    You got that right! :) Although, firmbeliever should be closer to your time zone.

Are you in Germany?

Oct 23, 2007, 12:28 AM
    Yes for now - only been here a few months and really miss the states. But its very enjoyable thus far. :)
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 12:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    Yes for now - only been here a few months and really miss the states. But its very enjoyable thus far. :)
    So, I take it that you're not a native of Germany? Please explain. Also, please pardon my ignorance. Thank you!
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 12:39 AM
    firmbeliever is online now. I started a new thread. It is here:

Kind of silly. But, there's plenty of room for creativity for those who are so inclined.

Oct 23, 2007, 12:52 AM
    No I'm not a native. My husband is stationed here for the next 3 years. And I read a little on your new thread, if I think of anything I'll be sure to add it. :) :)

P.S. and I didn't find any ignorance!
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 12:56 AM
    Us talking about Germany is causing me to reminisce about things in my past.

I tuned a piano in Germany a long time ago. I have also tuned a piano while being televised on national television over here, believe-it-or-not!

Oct 23, 2007, 01:04 AM
    That's amazing. I'm not very musically enclined that's for sure. Tried learning ot play the guitar, and didn't go forward with it. Do you play anything ?
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 01:08 AM
    I play a number of instruments and I also sing. We all have the ability to play, sing, draw, paint, write. We're just not all born with a Stradivarius for an instrument as a means to an end. Some of us just need to work at it harder than others do.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 01:09 AM
    Is that your picture in your avatar?

Oct 23, 2007, 01:09 AM
    Very true. Anythings possible for anyone willing to work at it and try over and over again. I like you're way of thinking C!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search