Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onlinelately Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Small bumps in labia
    Okay so I was concerned and last Wednesday I was determined to get tested for an std cause I felt so nervous. My gyno couldn't fit me in until another month so I went to urgent care. He said I was std free but I have vaginal vaginosis which I am treating with an anibiotic. It's just that in my labia I had multiple skin colored bumps. They do not hurt and if I didn't feel them I wouldn't even know they were there. It almost looks like taste buds.. that's the best explanation I could come up with. Well, anyway I kept my gyno appt. but it's hard to wait around a month without some sort of answer. If anyone knows if this is common or serious or maybe it's just something normal with all the wetness I have been experiancing down there with the vaginosis. Fill me in if you know anything!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 19, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Here is some information about the condition the doctor mentioned and why you are on antibiiotics. It mainly concerns your proper hygiene during sex and when you attend to your normal functions in the bathroom. Remember always to use two clean washclothes when cleansing your pubic area, one for the back and a separate one for the front and always wipe UP the back and never use that cloth on your front area.

Primary causes of bacterial vaginosis include an overgrowth of anaerobic bacteria and the Gardnerella organism.
    The healthy vagina includes a small amount of these bacteria and organisms. When the vaginal balance is disrupted by the overgrowth of these bacteria another protective bacterium -- lactobacilli is unable to adequately perform its normal function. Lactobacilli normally provides a natural disinfectant (similar to hydrogen peroxide) which helps maintain the healthy and normal balance of microorganisms in the vagina.

E. coli which is a normal inhabitant of the rectum can cause bacterial vaginitis if it is spread to the vaginal area. Other factors which may contribute include hot weather, poor health, poor hygiene, use of an intrauterine device (IUD) for birth control, and routine vaginal douching.

Risk of bacterial vaginosis increases with menopause, and in women with diabetes, as well as women whose resistance is lowered due to other conditions.

A report published in Women's Health Weekly indicates that multiple sex partners may increase a woman's risk of bacterial vaginosis although African-American women with only one partner still have a high prevalence of infection.

I sincerely hope this information helps.
    onlinelately Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2007, 05:01 PM
    But are those bumps just coming from the vaginitis or should I be concerned about something else?
    Expert

Oct 20, 2007, 12:28 AM
    He said you were std free so the bumps are from the vaginosis. If you are std free then why do you have to worry?
    borntoloveya106 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 02:27 AM
    Its weird but I have the same things. You can't see them like on the regular either. You can see it when you stretch them out a little. I don't know if it's the same for u. but taste buds are exactly how iwould describe them. Kind of like the whitish ones when you have a cold. Anyway they never bother me. I had bacterical vaginosis a long time ago and got rid of it a long time ago but I still have the "taste buds" I don't think they go together. But I've been tested and I'm good. So maybe there supposed to be there. I'm doing more searching for it. If I find it ill post it :)
    yourstruely11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2009, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by borntoloveya106 View Post
    its wierd but i have the same things. u can't see them like on the regular either. u can see it when u stretch em out a lil. i dunno if its the same for u. but taste buds are exactly how iwould describe them. kinda like the whitish ones wen u have a cold. anyways they never bother me. i had bacterical vaginosis a long time ago n got rid of it a long time ago but i still hvae the "taste buds" i dont think they go together. but ive been tested and im good. so maybe there supposed to be there. im doin more searching for it. if i find it ill post it :)
    I was just curious, did you ever figure out what it was?
    Because I have the same problem & I'm only 16.
    Footballchick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yourstruely11 View Post
    I was just curious, did you ever figure out what it was?
    Because I have the same problem & I'm only 16.
    Im 17 and I just seem to have got this same problem, not sure why! Its not causing me any real problems so I'm not sure whether to go see my gp about it or leave it, what have you done and have you found anything else about it?
    KerrybianTulip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 09:04 AM
    The ones you last few are describing are normal. There's a difference between bacterial vaginosis bumps and the bumps you see when you stretch your labia. I have BV or VV myself, and the bumps are always there. They're tiny, skin colored, and if you look close enough or shine enough light on them, they have a tiny red vein/dot on them. They do look like tiny taste buds, and they can cause some irritation. The other bumps are normal, if you stretch your skin thin enough white colored bumps may appear, someone else suggested it is like the skin of an uncooked chicken. It's nothing to panic about.
    payitforward Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 11:18 PM
    Hey guys... the same happened to me and after going to the gyn a bunch of times, extensive research, paps, getting tested for every std, a colposcopy, and being declared completely healthy, now I'm pretty sure that I found the answer to our problem. It's called "FORDYCE'S SPOTS". Check this site http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/health/how-to-get-rid-of-fordyce-spots/

Basically, just like you guys described it, it looks like itch-less, painless taste buds on your outer labia and if you stretch the skin they may appear kind of white. At first I was really scared cause they can look like HPV warts but they are NOT. It sucks because they cause no problem other than looking ugly. Although they are almost imperceptible, if noticed, who's going to believe you when you tell them that it just looks like you have something but you don't. Good news is that there may be something's you can do about it. So, the website said that there as some treatments to get rid of it but it's good to wait few months to a year of a diet rich of folic acid, vitamins A,C, D,E and B-complex cause they may be gone on their own. It seems like there they discourage people from getting the treatments cause they say it may be ineffective or the side effects may out-weigh the benefits, so be careful. Anyway, check the site for more info.

I really hope this was of help to all of you cause when I first noticed them I was freaking out and couldn't find a satisfactory answer, not even from my doctor till I discovered this. Now I feel much more relieved.

Good luck with your Va-jay-jays! :)
    md081183 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 07:48 AM
    I also had this, been tested for everything abouyt 3 times and all clear.

The doctor said it is just the normal glands and sometimes they can be more noticeable before a period etc!!

Nothing to worry about
    sc101 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 04:41 PM
    I have had these for as long as I can remember. They are between the labia minora and labia majora and only at the top a like a above the c. They don't itch or hurt, and you can barley see or feel them unless you pull the skin tight. I am very paranoid about things like that. I am not exactly sure if they are always there I tend to for get about them like I said you wouldn't know they were there. They are under the skin, they have never crusted over, popped open or anything like that and honest to god feel like grains of sand when moved.

Mar 24, 2010, 04:41 PM
    I have had these for as long as I can remember. They are between the labia minora and labia majora and only at the top a like a above the c. They don't itch or hurt, and you can barley see or feel them unless you pull the skin tight. I am very paranoid about things like that. I am not exactly sure if they are always there I tend to for get about them like I said you wouldn't know they were there. They are under the skin, they have never crusted over, popped open or anything like that and honest to god feel like grains of sand when moved.

Mar 24, 2010, 10:23 PM

Mar 24, 2010, 10:24 PM

veebaby101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 11:35 AM
    OK so I have the same problem and I'm freaking out I'm only 15 and I have those small chicken like bumps also and some almost even look like 2 raised little bumps. There on both sides of my labia what are they?
    veebaby101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 11:37 AM

I have these too and I'm only 15 so I'm freaking out. I have those chicken like bumps also and some even look flat and raised? I don't know what it is, and they don't bother me any. What are those bumps?
    LR3id Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 07:32 PM
    I seem to have something similar, or so I think, but when I open my labia minora they tend to burn. I've been tested and have been cleared but I have no idea what it's from and it's also making me nervous. I was thinking it was a form of vaginosis but not 100% sure. Please help.
    mary88888888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2011, 03:58 PM
    Wow, I have been freaking out about these little skin-coloured taste-bud bumps all day, after going to the doctor and getting my regular pap. She didn't know what they were!! Okay, and now I read this, and it made me feel a lot better.. but I just found this... http://www.bacterialvagi.us/genital-warts.htm and it kind of looks similar to the taste-bud type bumps... and it says genital warts on this website... it's kind of freaking me out. Any comments?
    Expert

Feb 17, 2011, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mary88888888 View Post
    wow, I have been freaking out about these little skin-coloured taste-bud bumps all day, after going to the doctor and getting my regular pap. She didn't know what they were!!!!!! okay, and now i read this, and it made me feel a lot better.. but i just found this... Genital Warts | Bacterial Vaginosis and it kind of looks similar to the taste-bud type bumps... and it says genital warts on this website... it's kind of freaking me out. Any comments?
    You won't get any information unless you start your own thread. You are piggybacking on an old one from 2007. So if you want good answers, start a new thread.

Tick
    urbanbeauty84 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 07:22 AM
    I'm having the same issue now, I found these bumps a few days ago and the first thing I thought was I got an std. I went to the doctor yesterday and had an exam but she said the bumps were normal and described them as taste buds too, just like the taste buds in the back of our throat. She said everything inside felt normal and the specimens she looked at under the microscope had no growth of any kind. So she said not to worry about it, they come and go depending on changes in your pH levels and depending on your birth control. Also the type of soap you use can make them more noticeable. She said ivory was the best thing to use. She also said if they itch at times try not to use the vagisil creams or anything like that for external use because they tend to make the bumps worse. I also noticed that using the over the counter azo yeast pills helps with the bumps going away. But I was so scared and still have the nervous feeling even though she said nothing to be concerned about. I hope this helps you out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small red bumps [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I found that I have small bumps on the outside of my vagina and near the opening. The texture reminds me of goosebumps I am a little worried about it. Are these bumps normal?

Small Red Bumps... [ 1 Answers ]

I just found a patch of small red bumps on the right side of my neck behind my ear. The area doesn't itch or burn. I don't know what it is, but the spot isn't getting smaller or bigger... :confused:

Small red bumps around genitelia [ 3 Answers ]

Somebody please give me some advice. I am 18 years old and a virgin if this helps. But for the past two years I have had small very itchy bumps on the skin around my genetelia not actually on it though or on my penis but is very embaressing and have closed myself off from society .have not gone to...

Small red bumps [ 2 Answers ]

About a week ago I started noticing small red bumps on both sides of my torso. They did not itch very much but they hurt like a bruise. Yes I have recently moved and yes I've washed all my bedding. I have not changed detergents or soap. I'm now noticing the bumps on other parts of my body. There...

View more questions Search