Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misscat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Is my boyfriend too old for me ?
    Me and my boyfriend have been dating around 3 months. He's really cool and we get along great. Partially because he has been a good friend of my family's for years, but the thing is he's 4 years older than me.
    (I'm 15 he's 19)
    My parents completely disagree with our dating because of the age difference, so we've been keeping it a secret.
    We really care for each other, but I kind of feel bad about having to keep things so secret. I feel like we should be able to go to the movies without worrying about someone seeing us and getting in trouble.
    I don't know what I should do.
    advice ?

Kiwigal Posts: 18, Reputation: 4

Oct 17, 2007, 02:56 PM
    What are your parents concerns about exactly? Is it that he's older and possibly more into sex than they believe you should be or what? If you don't know for sure what their concerns are exactly, then you need to find out. Once you know what these are, then you and he could work out how you could work your relationship that might be acceptable to them, and then you could all get together and talk about it. Perhaps ask your parents if dating him would be OK and allow them to set the ground rules (which will allow them to be a little more comfortable with the idea). And ultimately, remember they love you and are only concerned for your well-being.

It's not easy keeping a relationship a secret - and the longer it goes, the more likely you will get 'found out'. Then you will have even more trouble on your hands...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 17, 2007, 03:00 PM
    is my boyfriend too old for me ?
    (I'm 15 he's 19)
    YES
    oatshoney Posts: 7, Reputation: -1

Oct 17, 2007, 08:22 PM

Maybe for the best is to stop dating till your at least in 11/12 th grade, and build your relationship, if you can keep it a secret , which means even at school, no holding hands kissing or acting like a couple, no presents, no "honey" or "babe or Baby" just act like best friends instead or confront your parents, if he comes on to you and you wound up having sex with him, and someone found out he could go to jail with statchatory rape, even if you wanted it, but don't go that far it might wind up a mess. But you should just not go out, listen to your parents and if they find out , don't shut them out of your world and say "i hate you, and you hate me , or its not fair, i dont get it." ts legal but they are probably afraid of you having sex. ONE PIECE OF ADVICE... Dont have sex until your married.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend wants to do a 3-some? [ 89 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 28 years old and my boyfriend of six months wants me to actively participate in a three some with a large man who is a wrestler. I am a 5'4" petite, 112 pounds, my boyfriend is 6'0" and 195 pounds, while the third party man is 6'7" and 340 pounds. I am afraid the third man will really be...

Am I being used by my boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together off and on for almost 10 months now. He tells me he loves me and I tell him I love him. I do love him although I wonder if he really loves me. . He did live with me but he had to move out because my Mom did not like him and I am living in her reantal house. I...

My Boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

A few weeks ago I was told that I had HPV and so I told my boyfriend. Well a couple of weeks later he shaved one day. About two days later he had a bunch of little tiny like pimple looking things above his penis. There were a few little sores (open) on his penis but only like 2-3. Then they started...

My Boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I have been going out with my boyfriend for 4 months now, it is a first for both of us. However problems have been occurring. He wants to be close to me but I can't bring myself to let him. I am worried and I am scared. What would you suggest? Is there anything that I can do? :confused:

My boyfriend [ 9 Answers ]

Hi. I've been dating my boyfriend for 2 1/2 years and I want to live together. Every time I mention it(which isn't often) he never really gives me an answer and just blows it off. I work night shift 3 nights a week and he works days 5 days a week. So we only see each other once during the week and...

View more questions Search