Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 01:47 AM
    Big belly but am not pregnant? What's wrong?
    Hello,

I will be turning 21 in a few days and I haven't had my period since August 7th. I went to the hospital for a "urine" pregnancy test and it came out negative. My belly is getting a bit bigger and bigger day in and out and I've noticed that when I breath, I tend to breath in deep (in a way that I feel the depth in my stomach, although I am not necessarily taking deep breaths). I played NCAA sports during my first and second year in school but this year, I've taken a break to focus on my studies so I am not engaged in any sports activities (none at all). Could this be the reason why my belly is getting bigger (because I am no more engaged in anything active these days... except for walking to and from classes)? Also, with exams flowing every week, I tend to eat maybe once or twice a day and then a snack in between. For the past 7weeks, I haven't been eating well however, from previous hospital visits I believe that I am healthy. I went in for a pregnancy test and it came out negative. My doc said it was normal but my mom and I both insisted on getting a blood to prove if I am really not pregnant. One thing is that I find myself getting really tired these days... alot and my sleeping habit has changed. Also, I have had one surgical abortion (which was last year). I barely eat but, I walk at least two miles each day but my belly is getting bigger (not noticeable by others but mainly by me... I think I know my body pretty well to catch such changes). Help:confused:
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 12, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Is your stomach the only place gaining weight?
    Do you have cramps in your legs, stomach or back, irregular bowels or any other symptoms?

Not trying to scare you, but I had a similar experience at your age and I wasn't pregnant. You might want to call your doctor and explain these things. Ask if a CA-125 blood test may be in order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's wrong with my body pregnant or not? Please help [ 2 Answers ]

Hi well I have been having a lot of pregnancy symptoms such as nausea, dizziness, weight gaining, I find myself to be tired more, my gums are hurting, sore breast, a little leaking of which looks like milk from breast, larger breast, weird pulling and numbness in my lower stomach, some white and...

11 weeks pregnant, could the doctor be wrong? [ 6 Answers ]

OK I went to the doc they told me that I was 11 weeks and I am getting so biggg And I took 6 hpts and they either came back invald or negative up intill Sunday then it came back pos I have always been little and now I have a belly so can anyone help me and tell me what kind of questions to the...

Can I be pregnant or what's wrong [ 2 Answers ]

Well I have been trying to conceive a baby for about 6 months and I have been having problems. Right now I am 33 days late on my period I have taken several pregnancy test and there all negative. Can anyone tell me what is wrong

I'm pregnant at 17 but something's wrong [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant and cramping... is that normal?

Big Belly Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Big belly which grown up gradually in a couple of years. How can I reduce it and bring it to normal size?

View more questions Search