Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gymbratsmom3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer not heating
    Hi, :( I have a Maytag Neptune gas dryer that will not heat all the time. I can hear the sound when the heat comes on and then about 2 minutes into the cycle it stops heating. I have cleaned the vent hose from the dryer to the outside so that is not the problem. Just want to know whether to order a thermostat or call a repair man :)
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Before you oreder a thermostat, Check it for continuity first. Also open unit up and remove the bolwer housing and clean in out very good. It also cound be the coils in the gas valve. Check components before just replacing or it will cost more than the repair tech would charge
    rmollway Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2012, 11:57 AM
    I have a Maytag Neptune GAS Dryer and it is taking a long time for clothes to dry. (long enough that I have two loads of wet clothes waiting to be dried). I checked air flow by checking the outside vent and there is plenty of barely warm air coming out. I also made sure the lint trap was clean as well. Also, I'm getting wisps of gas when I open the dryer door. It's not an overwhelming amount of gas, nor is it constant. Any ideas?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2012, 08:49 AM
    These driers will do that when the lint builds up like concrete on the inside of the air ducts. Halfway doing it will not work. You need to totally tear it down and scrape out and wash all of the parts except the motor, which you vacuum out. You can go to YouTube to see videos on how to take it apart, but do a very good job or it will fail again quickly. I would get a new belt and change it while you have it apart and get some white lithium grease and grease any bearings you find. You need to clean out a drier every two years, at least, according to the manual. You just unplug the wires from the sensors and remove ductwork that they are attached on and clean the entire thing with soap and water. Make sure you go all through the dryer and get all parts like the blower fan and housing, vacuum out motor well and clean exhaust. Mark all wires you unplug so you know where they go. This is an easier job than you would think. Make sure to clean around all of the sensors, too. See: Dryer vent cleaning prevents fires - YouTube and: Cleaning out a dryer with top lint cleanout - YouTube
    Cleaning out a dryer: By a woman 2 of 2 - YouTube
    Here is a manual: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/May...r%20Manual.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Neptune Dryer has no heat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Neptune electric dryer Model# MDE4000AYW, Serial # 28635363YK. I had dried a load of clothes (that took a normal amount of time to dry) and put in a second load to dry. After about three hours I realized the dryer was still running (Yes, I am one of those people that sometimes...

Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer Flame Not Present [ 1 Answers ]

Our Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer MOD: MDG3000AWW, S/N: 13282488UU, does not dry on either heat setting (normal; perm press). Thanks to earlier discussions on this site, I learned to check the igniter, which I've found does not glow. What should I do next? Never mind - I pulled the igniter out and...

Maytag neptune dryer model MDE5500 [ 3 Answers ]

The light comes on inside the dryer but the touch pad on the top of the dryer will do nothing. I have unplugged and checked to make sure the outlet is working, the fuse is not blown and I have called maytag and they had no answers. I am worried I have to replace the touchpad. Is there anything else...

View more questions Search