Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whirlwind_woman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Shower shuts off after few seconds
    I have just moved into a new apartment and the showers in both bathrooms have not worked properly since I moved in.
    1. In the primary bathroom the cold water comes out in a trickle for both the tub faucet and the shower head. Maintenance has been over and even replaced the "seat" but did not make any difference to the cold water performance.
    2. In the Master bath the hot and cold water worked perfectly fine. The tub faucet and worked very well and the shower head was like water dripping from wet noodles! Not much pressure at all.
    Now the shower in the master bath will not come on at all, or if it does it shuts off within about 3-5 seconds. It doesn't matter if the hot water is running, the cold or both.
    What can possibly be the problem?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 7, 2007, 11:21 AM
    1. In the primary bathroom the cold water comes out in a trickle for both the tub faucet and the shower head. Maintenance has been over and even replaced the "seat" but did not make any difference to the cold water performance
    Did they flush out the cold water supply? Replacing the seat will not help a pressure problem.
    2. In the Master bath the hot and cold water worked perfectly fine. The tub faucet and worked very well and the shower head was like water dripping from wet noodles! Not much pressure at all.
    Remove the shower head and find a small rubber washer with holes around the outside. This is the water saver. Pry it out and toss it. Shower better now? Good luck, Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 7, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Did you try the shower with the shower head removed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water shuts off in shower by its self [ 1 Answers ]

We've been in this house for 8 yrs. This just started yesterday.We turn the shower on in the down stairs bath then we hear a banging sound in the wall and the shower turns off, we have to shut the shower off and then turn it back on again several times and it will correct its self, WHY and HOW can...

Outside Blower kicks on for 5 seconds then goes off for 10 seconds [ 1 Answers ]

I've looked all over this forum for something like this, but nothing I've see quite nails my problem so If I missed it, sorry. Here it goes... My outside blower comes on for about 5 seconds when my thermostat activates for the heat. With furnace still on the blower shuts off for 10 seconds and...

Shower - hot water comes out makes a noise and shuts off completely [ 1 Answers ]

I live in an apartment building and recently replaced my shower head with a new one that has a hose attached I noticed before and now that when I turn on the hot water it runs for a few second then makes a horrible noise - sort of like the wall will explode and then the hot water shuts completely...

Furnace shuts off after a few seconds [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace will lite for few seconds then shuts off. How do I trouble shoot this. I have a rheem model # rgpn

A/C shuts off after a few seconds [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday, our A/C shut off and would not come back on. It shows on the digital thermostat that the fan is blowing cool (two different icons that appear and move) but the unit is NOT on. After leaving it off for the afternoon, my husband was able to turn it back on, but this lasted 30 seconds...

View more questions Search