Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fireleen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 04:02 PM
    My 3 year old GE Profile washer won't spin
    My pretty new (3 years) GE Profile electronic washer has stopped spinning. It seemed to have gotten through the wash cycle okay, the water drained out, but the spin never started and the fabric softener was still in its receptacle. I was washing a comforter, and I wonder if it became lopsided in the washer and threw something off? If anyone can offer advice, I would be MOST appreciative! Thanks.:o
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Heavy loads are rough on washers. Try a small load and listen during the spin cycle for any noise it is making. Could be the brak assembly. It is attached to the transimission and brakes against the motor platform. When the brake releases, the transmission rotates and the basket spins.
    Fireleen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 04:44 PM
    After further review of the washer, it seems the "brain" isn't communicating properly with the mechanics of the washer. It doesn't seem to understand water levels, when it's supposed to do what, and it completely ignores when I push the pre-soak button. It just seems to fill as much as it wants to and do whatever it wants to do!! Is there any way to reset the electronic "brain" of this washer?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 04:59 PM
    If it is acting erraticly, you will more than likely have to replace the circuit board. Not a cheap repair. About $150 for board plus labor. YOu can look for visuals on the board like burnt spots but are hard enough for tech to troubleshoot these boards. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 year old Kenmore Washer won't spin or drain [ 2 Answers ]

My one year old Kenmore washing machine won't agitate, spin, or drain the water. Could it be the lid switch or something else?

View more questions Search