Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Sep 25, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101
    I like this, Met; your colors work well. I would enjoy seeing some more of your stuff. I wish I could keep things simple but I'm not happy unless I spend another sleepless night trying to figure out a way out of the usual corner I painting myself into that day. Some times I just go at things with head down and at break neck speed. Art is thinking. I need to practice that part more.
    Your art is beautiful as it is. Whether it's complicated or simple, so the extra effort and thought is worth a lot and very appreciated. I just meant that a simple sketch like Firmbeliever's also has good potential to become a cool work of art. There are no two artists alike, each is very different so their effort and outcome vary widely.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Sep 26, 2007, 05:37 AM
    You are all such fantastic artists!
    Lolz, I spent 4 out of 6 lessons of school today in the art room, as well as recess, and half of lunchtime!
    Was trying to finish my art studio (when I came up with the design for my studio, which is a series of 7 intaglio prints, I thought "i can finish this on time easy"
    Then my art teacher said "oh, id like you to do 3 of each print btw"
    Intaglio printing is so time consuming I had already carved them out onto plastic, just had to print them but it takes a long time to do) well I got about half of the prints done today, so I should be fine :)
    Lolz, don't worry, ill post my stuff on here soon, when I stop procrastinating (holidays soon, if I haven't done it by then, holiday boredom will drive me to it)
    Love too see more of you guys stuff
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Sep 26, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    you are all such fantastic artists!
    lolz, i spent 4 out of 6 lessons of school today in the art room, as well as recess, and half of lunchtime!
    was trying to finish my art studio (when i came up with the design for my studio, which is a series of 7 intaglio prints, i thought "i can finish this on time easy"
    then my art teacher said "oh, id like you to do 3 of each print btw"
    intaglio printing is so time consuming i had already carved them out onto plastic, just had to print em but it takes a long time to do) well i got about half of the prints done today, so i should be fine :)
    lolz, dont worry, ill post my stuff on here soon, when i stop procrastinating (holidays soon, if i havnt done it by then, holiday boredom will drive me to it)
    love too see more of u guys stuff

HOW I ENVY YOU!! Enjoy your time in art school! (isn't it art school?). Anyway, I always wanted to go to an art school, in particular the School of Visual Arts here in NY. But that was/is never to be. Now I no longer have the patients to deal with teachers. I did attend a few private classes given at the home of the instructor, but I couldn't stand her messing with my colors so I never went back. I think there's a point in one's life when "following" ends. I've reached that point. Attending art school had always been a dream of mine. Even today, when I see kids carrying art portfolios when I'm shopping in my favorite art supply store, I just let out this long soulful sigh. So take a tip from me... enjoy your time learning your full potential and work at it till you drop. Squeeze all you can out of it! Good luck hon! So far you are doing grrrreat! :)

Sep 26, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Not in art school, just one of my subjects in year 11 is art :)

Sep 26, 2007, 06:14 AM
    not in art school, just one of my subjects in year 11 is art :)
    Well, your school sounds like they have a pretty decent curriculum in art. Have you ever heard of Albrecht Durer? I have a book showing all his woodcuts. He did the most amazing wood cuts you'll EVER see! Check out this one:
    Attached Images

Sep 26, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Jeeze... thats an amazing one
    We been studying japanese ukiyo-e
    My fave artist that we studied for this unit would have to be ando hiroshige :) he's pretty cool, he did mostly landscapes, but he did a lot more depth and perspective than other ukiyo e artists and influenced van gogh (van gogh liked his art so much that he did his own versions of some of hiroshige's art) (hiroshigers versions are much better!)

Sep 26, 2007, 06:36 AM
    jeeze.....thats an amazing one
    we been studying japanese ukiyo-e
    my fave artist that we studied for this unit would have to be ando hiroshige :) hes pretty kewl, he did mostly landscapes, but he did alot more depth and perspective than other ukiyo e artists and influenced van gogh (van gogh liked his art so much that he did his own versions of some of hiroshige's art) (hiroshigers versions are much better!)
    I don't particular care for most of the old masters... don't know why, I just never liked them with maybe the exception of Michael Angelo. I do like Miro!! I wish I could paint like Miro! He absolutely delights me. One of my favorites:
    Attached Images

Sep 26, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Lolz, I always liked salavador dali :)

Sep 26, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Yeah, I used to like Dali first till I encountered Miro.
    Proudmama Posts: 15, Reputation: 6

Sep 27, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Hello everyone, Love doing art but I have not done it for a while ever since I had a baby.
    I love doing art using pens, pastels, art pencils and would love to try to do oil painting. I was going to do it and I finally bought all the supplies but have not done any oil painting.

Proud :)
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Sep 28, 2007, 01:26 PM
    WOW you guys are all so incredible, I am a little envious myself! LOL
    SEriously, what talent you guys have..
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudmama
    hello everyone, Love doing art but I have not done it for a while ever since I had a baby.
    I love doing art using pens, pastels, art pencils and would love to try to do oil painting. I was going to do it and i finally bought all the supplies but have not done any oil painting.

Proud :)
    Proud,
    Do one for us... please:)
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Sep 28, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Pretty please, with sugar on top... don't leave us in such suspense!

FIRM, I am off for a bit.. I will be back later. DON'T FORGET I LOVE YOU!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 02:29 PM
    U too... shattered!
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Here's two more of my doodling:)

Flowers in colour is done in acrylics.
    The roses is just a pencil sketch.
    Attached Images

CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Wow! Firmy! I wouldn't call that doodling! You are an artist!
    I'm going to have to go back and look at the rest of this thread!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Wow! Firmy!! I wouldn't call that doodling!! You are an artist!!
    I'm gonna have to go back and look at the rest of this thread!!!

:) Thanks Capt!
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Here's some more,
    Very different type of art!:D

One is a handbag I made, with handpainted detail in fabric paint(this is what I love doing, fabric paint!).

The other is a painting of sorts with felt pen and beads glued onto it.:p
    Attached Images

Proudmama Posts: 15, Reputation: 6

Sep 30, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Proud,
    Do one for us...please:)
    Hello firm,
    I for got your name of the thread:( and my husband found it for me.:) WOOHOO
    Witch one do you want me to do I have some on the computer but it has my Name on it.

Proud
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Hi Proud!
    Your name?Edit it with photoshop or something (add a coloured bar or something instead of your name).
    But do it in a way that your art cannot be copied by anyone.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search