Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yah but Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 02:40 AM
    How to rough in plumbing for a conrete slab floor
    How deep should you dig and what type of pipe should you use for a concrete slab floor?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 02:29 PM
    What size a slab are you going to pour? Is this for a house? Need to know to answer this question :
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Yah but; IF this for a house, the main sewer line ( 3" pvc) will be from 12" to 24" below the concrete. The smaller drain lines should be about 6" to 8" below bottom of concrete. you do not want the concrete poured right against the plumbing lines . It costs a little more but I always try to get people to use (sch-40) pvc,3"or' PVC) asmain sewer line . What is called (thinwall Does not hold up under concrete as well. . When building on concrete slab, Think about future plumbing troubles . I!ve BUilt some apt. buildings where I put 3" Pvc down, then ran the 3/4" water line inside of it , into where the hot water tank was going to be, Make my turn up with two 45 degree fittings. One time water froze on a unit, and it was easy to replace the shattered line. HOPE THIS helps .PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER BELOW ,tHANKS.
    ThomasCKeat Posts: 157, Reputation: 12

Sep 25, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Ask this question under the plumbers forum and get some real professional plumbing advice from speedball

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing rough in - concrete slab - Texas [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having an argument with the plumber & builder & have held up any further work on the slab until I am satisfied with the sanitary drain system piping. The plumber installed the pvc in one day for a two bath, utility, & kitchen single level home & without a helper. The drain pvc appears...

Plumbing on slab floor [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a toilet, shower and vanity on concrete floor. I have water but want to know the best way to proceed. Drill holes in concrete or build up the floor. This a steel building. This near the edge so I could dig under the slab. I have an rv dump or sewer next to my building and...

Incorrectly placed slab rough-in plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

I have a full bathroom rough-in on a slab in an unfinished area of my house. Unfortunately, I have a concern that the waste pipe for the tub has been misplaced. As the pipes stick directly out of the concrete, This may cause quite an issue for me. I have attached a drawing of my rough-in showing...

Basement Plumbing, No Rough IN, above floor [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All I would like to install a temporary basement bathroom, Commode and sink, I want to build it with plumbing above the concrete floor, I live in a ranch style house, What I have is 1st floor bathroom and I want to install the one in the basement right below it, attaching into the present...

Rough plumbing in a slab [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a tub with a center drain, in the basement of my house. We have done the rough plumbing and will soon pour the slab. My plumber tells me that I can not buy a tub with a center drain because of the slab. Is this true? If not how should I set the rough plumbing.

View more questions Search