Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajchibar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 05:33 AM
    Can I get into college with a online high school diploma?
    I want to go to college but did not finish the 12th grade. Probably 1-2 credits shy. I am 29 now, married with a child! I want to go to college and get my life on track! Can I get into college with an online high school diploma? Which would you recommend? What is a life experience diploma?
    DonnaDay Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Depending on the college and what you want to study, a HS diploma is not necessarily a requirement. The college I went to (a State U. of NY), simply required that you be 18 for many majors. Check that out first. Get the college catalog and application and it should tell you, or just call the admissions office.

Have you looked into getting a GED? It's fairly easy, and I do believe it's free (or very low cost) to take the test. There are study books available for it in bookstores and libraries.

Good luck.
    Varoth Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Most online diplomas are accepted, to check contact the college you want to go to, and find out if the course you want accepts it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Community colleges will work with you to finish high school with missing coursework and then begin you on the core courses that colleges require. After getting an associate's degree (two years), you can decide whether you want to continue at a four-year college.
    cpalmist Posts: 137, Reputation: 32

Sep 18, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Only to online colleges.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 08:03 PM
    It is a real online high school, or it is merely a dipolma mill where you send in 200 dollars and they send you a dipolma
    walikchris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 11:50 PM

Thanks for the information. This is a wonderful post!

online high school | homeschool programs
    jackiboa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 04:20 AM

Great informative post thanks for sharing...
    online high school | online english course
    jibran_pcc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2011, 03:40 AM
    Depending on the college and what you want to study, a HS diploma is not necessarily a requirement. The college I went to (a State U. of NY), simply required that you be 18 for many majors. Check that out first. Get the college catalog and application and it should tell you, or just call the admissions office.strawberry rhubarb crisp<a href="http://www.howdoescraigslistmakemoney.com">how does craigslist make money</a>
    anyatomar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 05:22 AM

It is depends on subjects and college. Many college accepted online diploma but for limited subjects. You have to search it. To get more information on online high school diploma can visit this site. http://www.highschoolsprograms.com/
    henn112 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2011, 05:38 AM
    It very much depends on what kind of college do you want to get in and what level of recognition does your diploma have. I'm aiming for some <a href="http://www.saintpeterscollegeonline.com/rn-bsn-overview">rn to bsn online degrees</a> myself for the very same reasons, college has become an actual possibility for the young mommies. Good luck!
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2011, 06:48 AM

If you are looking into a business type college I would check into DeVry Universiy or University of Phoenix. They both have campuses all over and both have online degrees as well. Also they are for working adults.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High school diploma [ 12 Answers ]

:( Hello I am 40 years old and now need my high school diploma for a job that I applied to. Someone please help, I don't know what to do. I had a stroke last March and I am scared to death to leave my home. I applied for a job to do at home it is for the IRS... Can I get my diploma online at home?...

High school diploma [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my name is Marco Arcila I live in Tampa Florida I didn't finish my high school I only need 2 credits more so I could get my 24 credits compreted that I need Im trying to look so any one can help me with this how I can't finish my high school diproma at home ?

Online high school - diploma [ 7 Answers ]

My son, age 18, had to withdraw recently from public high school in CT due to medical/psychological reasons. His grade have dropped significantly this past year or so, but credit-wise he is only short .5 (half) a credit in English 4. His doctor could write a letter requiring the school to provide...

High School diploma online courses? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay well I didn't finish my 12th grade year because I was dealing with my daughter and didn't have much help so I didn't finish. I don't have the time to go to school now and when I go to the adult learning centers they don't help whatsoever. I post on this site about other subjects and wanted to...

Online High School Diploma [ 3 Answers ]

Can I get a high school diploma online for free

View more questions Search