Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    focused1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Characteristics of sociopaths
    Are sociopaths generally people that were sexually abused children?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2007, 10:28 PM
    Not necessarily. From my years of being a teacher in schools, I have seen many children/teens who have demonstrated some kind of sociopathic behavior. It saddens me, when in spite of the efforts of myself and others to correct their behaviors, a lot of them have done time in jail or even prison. Some may have been sexually abused, but I know that a lot of them weren't. There can be any number of causes for sociopathic behavior as well as types of treatments that are used for the behavior of sociopaths.

I am curious as to why you ask the question the way that you do. Is this some kind of homework question? Or, maybe asked out of concern for someone you know?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Not at all. Sociopaths are missing something we call empathy. This could happen because of poor parenting, for instance.

Sociopaths can be quite approachable, as attested to by the author of The Stranger Beside Me, the story of a female crisis-hotline worker who sat next to and was charmed by another worker who turned out to be a serial killer.
    focused1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 04:12 AM
    I Know A Sociopath & For Some Reason I Feel That He Might Have Been Abused As A Child. He Is In Prison Now, As Of This Passed June. It Is Just Remarkable How He Fits 99% Of The Characteristics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Characteristics of debt/equity [ 1 Answers ]

Describe the characteristics and cost of various debt and equity instruments.

Criterion for qualitative characteristics [ 1 Answers ]

What criterion should be used to evaluate trade-offs between accounting information characteristics?

Characteristics of debt and equity instruments [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me understand the difference between debt and equity instruments?:confused:

Debt and Equity Characteristics [ 0 Answers ]

Describe the characteristics and the cost of various debt and equity instruments

View more questions Search