Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Simplythebest Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Is my friend Gay?
    I am 20 and my friend is 21 he has a girlfriend but we have known each other since we were 13 and every so often he makes quick glances at me and when we were young we used to look into each others eyes and one time I thought he was going to kiss me. He makes sex jokes and flirts with me occasionally, this has happened for the last 7 years. I am admittedly Bisexual since I was 15 but now it has gotten to the point where now I am really curious I do sort of have crush on him lately. I thought it was my imagination when we were young but he's started doing it more often. I need some well written advice. Is he Gay, Bisexual, or just joking around. I really need your help!

P.S I haven't told him I have had a crush on him, in case it spoils our friendship

P.S.S I have asked him if he's gay but he just walks away from the question or changes the subject.

Thank!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2007, 12:35 PM
    If he was gay he wouldn't be chasing women. He'd be chasing guys exclusively. I'd say its highly possible he is bi however.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Doesn't matter if he is bi, gay or green if he has a girlfriend he is out of bounds.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy
    If he was gay he wouldn't be chasing women. He'd be chasing guys exclusively. I'd say its highly possible he is bi however.
    Not necessarily, some men use a "cover" if they are not ready to be out or find it wrong...

To the OP, I think that there is nothing you can do regardless. Unless your friend openly comes out, you will not be able to progress. There is no way to know either way unless he acknowledges it. If if he is gay, you can not push him. And if he is not gay, you can not make him that way. I suggest, while it may be hard to let go of the crush, its best to hold on to the friend, and search elsewhere for the lover. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is my french boy friend gay? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently met a french man living in france who is now 37... We met online, fell in love over the internet, met each other in person and the feelings Are Strong between the 2 of us... its been a year and he's been to the usa three times to visit and I've been to france once. He has basically...

My gay friends tell me my new love interest is gay [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Im new to this service. I am a 32 year old female, who has been dating a 26 year old guy for about 2 months. I met him about a year ago, and up until 2 months ago, really only hung out with him with our other friends. We both knew there was something there, had not had the...

I'm gay and I fancy my best friend [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently turned 15 but I've known I'm gay for about 3 years now. My life is very complicated yet simple in the eyes of the people around me. Being this young and gay and in the closet is so hard and people just don't understand how hard it is. Anyway... I have 2 similar problems.. 1. I have a...

Feelings for my Gay?/Anti-Social? Friend [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all- This may seem dumb, but I have NO idea what about this guy at my school. We have been aquaintances for two years and taken many classes together. We have had deep conversations about many things, and though we do not always understand I walk away feeling fulfilled. We always have great...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

View more questions Search