Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phsyco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Holocaust Thesis
    What would be a good thesis for a Holocaust essay assignment?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Before you have a thesis statement, you have to have an idea of what aspect of the Holocaust you are going to explore. What draws you to write about the Holocaust? What research have you done? Have you interviewed survivors of the Holocaust? Visited archives, museums, etc. What has been your background preparation for your writing project?

The thesis statement is considered to be the answer to your topic research question. So, what is your question? Do you see why preliminary research is important?

Look at this site and see if you get ideas:
    Writing About The Holocaust, Research Report
    phsyco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Well we haven't started any research yet. He told us the first thing that was due is the thesis statement. I was assigned to do it about the Holocaust, and not with a certain aspect.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phsyco
    The better theses, in my opinion, make the topic controversial. With that in mind, draw up an outline to follow and then it is just research. For instance you might Google; holocaust a fraud.
    From there it is simply a matter of reading both sides and rewriting the better arguments, and slipp then into the outline.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phsyco
    Well we havent started any research yet. He told us the first thing that was due is the thesis statement. I was assigned to do it about the Holocaust, and not with a certain aspect.
    In order to have a good thesis statement you must have a good knowledge of the subject so it would be a good idea to do some research and reading before hand.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 12:39 PM
    The Holocaust itself is so broad. It would go much better for you if you could narrow your subject. So go and do some reading and then define your focus.
    katie806 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 09:43 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Thesis Statement for Research Paper on Polish Holocaust [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I need help writing a Thesis statement on the Polish Holocaust. Im not good at writing one and my paper is due Wednesday and it has to be 5 to 7 pages long and I need help to start it off if someone could help me I would be really happy Thanks

Thesis statement on specific part of the holocaust [ 2 Answers ]

I need help on writing my thesis.. its on a specific part of the holocaust and I'm not exactly sure where to start or how to state it to get my thoughts across clearly and understandably.

Thesis statement on a holocaust research paper [ 1 Answers ]

I need help writing a thesis statement regarding a holocaust research paper. It must be specific and on a certain aspect of the holocaust. It needs to answer a question my problem is I don't know what I want to ask any help would be great!

The holocaust [ 2 Answers ]

:) Does anyone know any good website to go to to answer questions about the holocaust.I need some serious help.this counts half our grade so can anyone help me..? :(

Holocaust vs. Lebensraum [ 2 Answers ]

If you ask just about any knowledgeable person what the worst thing was that happened during WWII, they are most likely to tell you that it was the Holocaust, in which 6 million Jews were exterminated as a result of Hitler's implementation of the "Final Solution." However, between 20 and 27...

View more questions Search