Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ValarieCB Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Puss filled sore on infant penis
    My ten and a half month old son was circumcised at birth. While on vaca in Texas in June I noticed a small puss filled sore on one side at the circumcision site and the surrounding area was swollen and red. A trip to the ER and the doc said she thought it might be a flea bite, drained the puss, gave us an ointment and sent us on our way. Three months later, my son has the same puss filled sore in the same spot on circumcision site. The doc at home said she had never seen anything like it; gave me antibiotics, and Mupirocin (treatment for impetigo). The sore is healed the day after the puss is drained (even without special meds) Anyone's help is GREATLY appreciated... no doctor I've seen seems to know what is ailing my baby. NO fever or crankiness, just the sore.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Have you seen an urologist?

Sep 8, 2007, 07:41 PM
    No, I sure haven't. ER docs both time. Should I ask to be referred to a Urologist?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Since it is the skin and drains. I think I would see a dermatologist.

Sep 8, 2007, 09:05 PM
    Maybe I'll take him to both... never heard of anything like this before, and when I try to look up his symptoms most are STD's... OBVIOUSLY not possible... so...
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Mmm I'd agree, you need to discuss this with a urologist, although I think you will find it just needs constant attention with antibiotic until it finally heals.

Cheers
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 9, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ValarieCB
    maybe I'll take him to both... never heard of anything like this before, and when I try to look up his symptoms most are STD's... OBVIOUSLY not possible... so...

I do not know much about STD's but could it be some kind of herpie or genital wart?

Maybe you have one on your body and the puss got on him and then he got it.

It is very contagious, but if a doctor does not think it is, then I would listen and stop worrying about if it could be a STD if you are.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 04:46 PM
    May be genital herpes (yes it can be spread from mother to child during birth)-but the antibiotics modify and help the problem so it seems to be bacteriological rather than viral.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 10, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayman
    may be genital herpes (yes it can be spread from mother to child during birth)-but the antibiotics modify and help the problem so it seems to be bacteriological rather than viral.
    Yeah I'm sure a doctor would have hopefully checked for that too before the birth
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Not necessarily, a sore may be present just within the vagina. But she has no STDs (we think-she has not stated one way or the other).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Little Puss Filled Bumps All Around Penis [ 8 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and am not sexually active. I have little white puss filled bumps around my penis. They aren't near the top or around the head but only on the bottom. They aren't itchy but they bother me. They've been there for a couple of months and I tried to pop a few and they just seem to...

Red, puss-filled bumps on scalp [ 10 Answers ]

Last week, I noticed that the back of my neck felt a little soar whenever I stretched it too much and the sides of my head kind of hurt too. Then, 2 days ago, I took a good look at my scalp (right above my temple on the right side of my head) and I saw little red bumps with puss-filled bumps. It...

Brow-ish puss from Belly button... [ 1 Answers ]

I sometimes find this brown-ish puss around and inside my belly button , doesn't happen everyday but I sometimes find it when I'm getting dressed in the morning. My belly button is not peirced and it doesn't really hurt... this pus also has a terrible smell so id be more than happy to get rid of...

Eviction with an infant [ 6 Answers ]

What is the law in ga for evicting someone with an infant that got laid off and has nowhere to go. We have no contract no rent. It was just to help get on our feet. Now she wants us out and is verry hostile. I just got laid off my wife is working and in school so I play mister mom while we save up....

Penis gets sore [ 18 Answers ]

Hello I have a problem every time I urinate I guess the tip of my penis gets sore also after I'm done urinating I wipe my penis and I guess there's a little drop of blood on the urine cause it turns red.. so please can someone help I need to know if its an infection or something.. please... :(

View more questions Search