Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nubuilder Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2005, 04:11 PM
    What is the most common format of DVD
    What do most DVD players play? Is it DVD-R or DVD+R? What is the most common?

What format are most DVD videos that you buy?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2005, 06:39 AM
    Formats
    Hi,
    Here is a link:
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvd

It explains the percentages of which is used the most, and has good explanations on other formats.
    nubuilder Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2005, 03:39 PM
    Thank you for your help.
    Skeller Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 11:23 AM
    How many dvd formats are avalible? Which is the most versatile?
    biomach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 12:21 PM

The shortest most accurate answer...
    DVD -R is the most common to the industry and the one most commonly used for commercial DVDs and their players (in the USA.)
    DVD +R is the newer format, but can only be used by newer PCs and in only some commercial DVD players.
    If you will ever be using the DVD in a PC built before 2010, stick with DVD -R!!
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2011, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by biomach View Post
    The shortest most accurate answer....
    DVD -R is the most common to the industry and the one most commonly used for commercial DVDs and their players (in the USA.)
    DVD +R is the newer format, but can only be used by newer PCs and in only some commercial DVD players.
    If you will ever be using the DVD in a PC built before 2010, stick with DVD -R!!!!
    Post is from 2005, please look at the dates before posting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Common Case: Need Advice! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I would highly appreciate it you can help me with my return: 1. State: Massachusetts 2. Worked on OPT(F1) from jan 1, 2005- August 19,2005 3. Working on H1B since August 20, 2005 with same employer 4. Did not pay FICA/Medicare during the OPT(F1) period in (2) above but income tax...

Need help with common and preferred stock [ 0 Answers ]

Common and preferred stock—issuances and dividends. Flameco Corp. was incorporated on January 1, 2003, and issued the following stock, for cash: 1 1,250,000 shares of $9 par per share common stock were authorized; 550,000 shares were issued on January 1,...

Common cold Incubation period [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please tell me when is a common cold at its most infectious period. Before it actually 'comes out' or when it is actually 'happening'?

HELP.Can't get rid of toolbar\common.dll [ 3 Answers ]

Used Spybot and AdAware... several times... I get a message that it can't remove these files: C:\Program Files\toolbar\common.dll C:\Program Files\toolbar\PIB.exe C:\Program Files\toolbar\TBPS.exe C:\Program Files\toolbar\toolbar.dll How do I get rid of these files? Also, I have run...

Westinghouse Common Stock [ 1 Answers ]

Does any one know the value of Westinghouse Common Stock or know were I may find this info. thank you.

View more questions Search