Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tstinson29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 04:46 PM
    PowerMore OHV Engines Info?
    I recently purchased a Yard-Man push mower with a PowerMore OHV 139cc engine. I assumed it had a Briggs, but I should have paid closer attention. I thought Honda and Briggs were the only engine manufacturers for MTD.

Anyway, I am curious about this manufacturer as I can find little information online about it. Each review I read about my particular model of push mower is the same review word-for-word on each web page. I have not found ONE owner/user review.

If any have information regarding the manufacturer reputation, concerns, reliability, or just any details at all that may give me any idea as to what exactly I purchased, please let me know.

[email protected]:o
    texasguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 7, 2007, 06:26 AM
    I have seen a couple of these engines lately come into the shop here. The engine is not identifiable by a name. It is made by some chinese company as a knock off a honda. It looks a lot like the old honda engines, but beware, it is not a brand you have ever heard of. The whole engine is cheap. The whole engine retails for 269 bucks. Does that tell you anything? I hope you are not over the 30 days to return it. Get out while you can.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Yes , I can tell you something about them, not as an owner, but as a technician. Get rid of that piece of junk. Mtd tried to make the engine resemble the briggs engines and unless you look carefully, you may not catch it. The engines are not very good quality at all and texasguy, I feel for you, we hate working on them, and it is not that easy to obtain parts as of yet either.
    pacificwind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 10:33 AM

After reading some of the replies, I am so glad that I purchased my Briggs powered blower last year. I saw some of the Powermore powered blowers yesterday and saw that they have also reverted back to throttle contol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Search engines [ 2 Answers ]

I need YAHOO/MSN/AOL/GOOGLE etc.. search engines CEO'S OR CHAIRMAN'S emai id so that I can contact them for my great idea.So please pro vide me their email address as early as possible.Thanking you.Jigar.

Cooling engines [ 2 Answers ]

Why do most vehicles use water to keep cool when oil would prevent rust and not evaporate?

Search Engines [ 10 Answers ]

What is the correct boolean statement for... ONLY (A+B+C) and can I expect search engines to execute this? Don

View more questions Search