Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ragrawal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Why does my gas-furnace not run? (fan-blower won't start)
    Hi
    Why does my gas-furnace not run? (fan-blower won't start)

I could not see any blown fuses or circuit-breakers; power-switch is on; I ignited the pilot-light and turned the temp to 90 in thermostat - but fan-blower did not start at all, even after waiting for 10 min; I measured voltage at fan terminals and it was practically zero (bleed 0.1v)

Later, I connected power directly to fan-blower and it started running; could it be the control-board malfunction?? Or is it thermostat problem

Thanks
    Rajat
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Yes it could be a control board or a relay. I would check for a defective relay first. Boards are expensive. Try tracking down the voltage for the motor and see where it stops at. That will be the defective part.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 04:47 PM
    There is a sticky at the top of this forum. In it, it lists the sequence a gas furnace goes through in starting. Check each step. Post back with what you find.
    ragrawal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    There is a sticky at the top of this forum. In it, it lists the sequence a gas furnace goes through in starting. Check each step. Post back with what you find.
    Did you mean the following:
    How do I know if the problem is in the thermostat?
    Or 'Sequence of operation'

Thanks
    Rajat
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 08:01 PM
    If the inducer blower starts, the thermostat is working correctly. Follow the rest of the sequence. If the inducer doesn't start, then go to the thermostat test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concord Gas Furnace with run time problems. [ 5 Answers ]

We have a Concord Gas Furnace that is about 3 years old. The furnace seems not to respond to the thermostat. We replaced the thermostat with a new digital one but are still experiencing the same issues. We set the thermostat to 83 just as a test. I had my wife record when the furnace came on...

Blower on gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a gas furnace the blower will not come on sense I replaced the Thermostat everything else work but that will not come on.:confused:

Convert blower fan to run slow [ 2 Answers ]

What I would like to do is convert my furnace fan to be able to run at a slow speed all the time to continually move the air through out the house janitrol furnace:confused:

GMC Gas Furnace Fan Won't Run [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend with a GMC gas furnace that will not start. We are receiving a three blinking LED code that says pressure switch failed to close. We found this switch on the main air fan and discovered the fan will not run in auto or manual. We checked for 120 VAC output on the circuit board...

View more questions Search