Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deenick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Ceiling fan pull chain does not work
    The chain no longer works to turn on/off the light. I would like to know how to take apart the fan & repair the problem.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2007, 11:53 AM
    The ceiling fan light switch is easy. Switch usually available at a hardware or ceiling fan store.
    Crimp connectors may be used by the OEM. Wirenuts can be used on the replacement. It's an SPST pull chain switch with only two wires.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 08:11 PM
    I have found some three wire fan,light switches. To replace the switch , Remove the lights, under bottom cup like cover { three small screws to remove} then pull off cover and remove old swith { before cutting draw out on paper how the switch is hooked up} Replace switch ,replace cover ,replace lights. { DO ONE THING FIRST< TURN OFF WALL SWITCH OR THE BREAKER IN HOUSE POWWER PANEL} Hope I was OF help:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan will not work after replacing 3 speed pull chain switch [ 129 Answers ]

I just recently replaced a 4-wire (3-speed) Ceiling fan switch on my ceiling fan. The chain had broken off inside the switch. After installing the new switch, the fan wouldn't turn At all. I have tried the swithes at all speeds And even went out and purchased another switch thinking the first...

Repair pull chain on ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

How do you repair a pull chain that has broken off inside the fan

Replacing pull chain on ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

How do you replace the pull chain for the light on a ceiling fan?

Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Repair [ 1 Answers ]

The pull chain on my ceiling fan that controls the on/off and speed pulled out of the socket. Is there any way to reinsert the chain or must I replace the switch; Is replacing the switch a DIY project?

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan: fan speed pull chain [ 2 Answers ]

The pull chain controlling the fan speed snapped off inside the unit. How much disassembly is required to replace it?

View more questions Search