Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    visioneer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 02:48 PM
    John Deere Lawn Tractor Starter Won't Engage
    Always get a "click" when I try to start JD lawn tractor, but the starter won't actually engage now to turn the motor over. The lawn tractor is an older model 185 - 14 hp Kawasaki engine. Any suggestions? Thank you for your assistance.
    Jack
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Check the solenoid , and the grounding of the solenoid.
    galvoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2010, 04:20 PM
    I had the same problem for years with my 180 and John Deere had the fix for it because it's happened to a lot of owners. Go to the dealer and pick up part # AM107421 for about 25 dollars and take about ten minutes to install. It's a wiring and relay kit that takes care of the problem provided everything else is OK?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere LT160 lawn tractor [ 8 Answers ]

My lawn tractor (LT)will not start. When it is on choke it just acts like it is not getting fuel. When on run when I try to start it it backfires and will not start. I checked the fuel filter, chenaged the spark plug, made sure the carborator was not clogged cleaned out the carborator bowl. The...

Problems with John Deere LT190 lawn tractor [ 12 Answers ]

I am having problems with my just under 2 year old lawn tractor. It works fine with the mower attachment. But just before Xmas 2006 the problem started, when blowing snow with the snow blower attachment that I just purchased early spring 2006 and only used a couple of times with no problems....

Clutch Replacement on John Deere 160 Lawn Tractor [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to remove and replace my clutch on a John Deere 160 Lawn Tractor. When I turn the bolt at the base of the clutch that holds the clutch to the mower, the belt wheel spins so that I am unable to loosen the bolt. Anyone have any ideas on how to stop the wheel from spinning?

John Deere Model 160 Lawn Tractor Clutch and/or Transmission Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Either my clutch needs to be adjusted or my transmission is shot. I looked at the clutch assembly for about an hour but could discover no way to try adjusting it. How do I determine if it's the clutch adjustment or the transmission.

John Deere Lawn Tractor L110 Repair transmission [ 1 Answers ]

I need help in learning how to repair or find a rebuilt transmission for my John Deere L110 Lawn Tractor. I would also like any information on where I could find a repair manual for this model?

View more questions Search