Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justhaveaquestion Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Aug 29, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Is this too much of an expensive present
    My boyfriends birthday is coming up next week.. he told me he wanted an mp3 player like thing and when we looked online we looked at a zune I think that was the name.. my birthday was about a month ago and he didn't know what to get me so he got me two huge bottles of purfume and took me to dinner.. now the mp3 thing I found you can send music to other people and watching movies and have songs and pictures on it but its 240 is that too expensive for me to buy? I'm 17 he's going to be 19 and we've been together almost a year
    Kevin_s Posts: 213, Reputation: 51

Aug 29, 2007, 11:44 AM
    I would not worry so much about how expensive a gift is, in the end it's a gift. I don't go out and buy my girlfriend super expensive things all the time, because she dosen't care if I buy her anything. But every now and then I will get her a little something.

We just bought each other promise rings, I spent like... 300 altogether (rings and earrings) and she spent well close to $400.00 on mine

We also decided that that's the most expensive gift for a while, and won't be doing that.

You're young, save your money, you can buy him it (it's a good gift) but don't go out and continually buy expensive things.

I'd say get it!

Kevin

Aug 29, 2007, 11:51 AM
    thank youuu =]
    goldilox Posts: 46, Reputation: -2

Aug 29, 2007, 11:52 AM
    I agree kevin... darling... if you can afford it and you think he's worth it its up to you... but if you have any doubts what soever which I think you do otherwise you wouldn't be here asking this question... then don't do it... its just a present then again but you are young and have a long life ahead of you... if you do get it don't make it a habit and don't let him take it for a habit either... it might spoil him esp when what you get back is nothing compared... so again, if you think he's worth it, do it.. if you're not sure.. then get something less expensive... afterall it's the thought that counts..

Aug 29, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Well then again he pays foir everything so I don't know I just don't want anyone to be like that sooo dumb I don't really think it is my mom was just like that's so much
    Trouble321 Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Aug 29, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Never worry about what anyone else thinks.
    Do what you feel is right.

Aug 29, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Listen to that inner voice and do what u feel is best for you... you will be satisfied in the end.

Aug 29, 2007, 06:28 PM
    thanksss I'm going to get it =]

Aug 29, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Just be sure its what u really want to do...
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 06:48 PM
    I'd tell my daughter that's too much too. Where do kids get this kind of money?
    Whatever happened to buying some one a CD or DV or something.
    I don't think I'd have the nerve to ask someone to buy somethig like that for me. Especially a 17 year old.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Well, I can always tell you where you can get it cheaper... ;)
    Overstock.com
    cpalmist Posts: 137, Reputation: 32

Aug 29, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justhaveaquestion
    my boyfriends birthday is comming up next week.. he told me he wanted an mp3 player like thing and when we looked online we looked at a zune i think that was the name.. my birthday was about a month ago and he didnt know what to get me so he got me two huge bottles of purfume and took me to dinner.. now the mp3 thing i found you can send music to other people and watching movies and have songs and pictures on it but its 240 is that too expensive for me to buy? im 17 hes gonna be 19 and weve been together almost a year
    Too much money. Do what most women do - clean up, paint up, get naked and put a big wide red ribbon around yourself and jump on him!

I do wonder why it doesn't work the other way around but then wimmens are much more hooked into the resource thing while the studies show men are the first to fall in love and the last to fall out of love and seem to love more deeply.

Failing that, buy him a basic MP3 player as elecatronical things don't last and the next model (and it's due out next week) will be cheaper and better. For real.
    Kevin_s Posts: 213, Reputation: 51

Aug 30, 2007, 02:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50
    I'd tell my daughter that's too much too. Where do kids get this kind of money?
    Whatever happened to buying some one a CD or DV or something.
    I don't think I'd have the nerve to ask someone to buy somethig like that for me. Especially a 17 year old.
    If he had an mp3 player he would have no need for a CD right? Haha, I'm just kidding. If I had to get a gift from my girlfriend, I would prefer something small.

An mp3 player is great, but make sure you really want to get it for him.

Also, regarding where these people get money from, I've been unfortunate enough to start working as much as possible since I was 14-15. But I prefer to know that I worked my butt off and can afford the things I want, new PC, new laptop, new phone, new car, etc.

Maybe they are selling crack to kids at a discounted price to get their money? (totally just kidding.)
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 30, 2007, 05:56 AM
    I know there are a lot of teens working, but I can't imagine (being a teenagirl she's making that much money, and having some guy ask for an mp3 player.
    I'd get one for myself, but at that age, I would not start buying expensive gifts for boys.
    And where do these boys get off asking for something like that? I guess they know these crazy girls will do it. Then next month there will be whinning "my boyfriend left me after I've spent a lot of money on him"
    It's a different world from where I came from.

Aug 30, 2007, 06:40 AM
    I agree coming to think of it... if you have a job at this age... all the more reason to save your money for other things that are more important such as your education, health, etc.you need to set your priorities... I don't think it's a smart thing to get such an expensive present at this age for a boy... I think he's asking too much too soon. What is he leaving for a few years down the line if you guys make it through... ponder a bit before you make a decision you regret.

Aug 30, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Haha I know.. haha I have a job and I like have the money for it and everything cause I'm smart and I put my stuff in the bank so
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 06:01 PM
    As homegirl50 has mentioned, you don't want to spend too much money on a guy.
    Hey, u never know if he finds out that it is easy to get more from you, he might depend on you financially more than he used to.(just a thought)
    U don't want to spoil him either!
    AND PLEASE DON"T TELL HIM YOU"VE GOT THAT MUCH MONEY IN THE BANK!
    Real smart ppl keep their financial capability 100% sealed.
    It's not that you don't trust thim, he doesn't need to know about the money part, remember that: trust the GOD, and tie your horse!
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 30, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justhaveaquestion
    haha i know.. haha i have a job and i like have the money for it and everything cause im smart and i put my stuff in the bank soo
    Sooo what was the point of your question?
    I still say it is too expensive a gift for a 17 year old girl to be buying a boy, but hey you're smart, so I guess you'll do what you want.

Sep 2, 2007, 03:19 PM
    I guess their really wasn't a point in buying it for him other then I thought it would be a nice gift and I knew he wanted one.. I mean when it comes to money he pays for everything and I really don't do much in return.. spending wize we go out somewhere almost every night I can only immagine how much he's spent.. and his parents don't give him anymoney he works everyday to make the money he wants so I don't know I thought it was a nice gift for him and return that I know hed always use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Duped into expensive Doctor visit [ 2 Answers ]

I went to my OBGYN for a consult for a hysterectomy. She asked me a bunch of Questions, and then asked me if I had bladder leakage when I laughed, sneezed or Coughed. When I said yes, she then said she had a test she wanted me to have. It Was called LoMax. She said it's simple and will only take...

Financed car now to expensive [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, First before anyone says it I am a fool. A huge one. I purchased a 2006 jeep wrangler in dec. of 06. I now owe 25000 on it. However my life style has changed and I want a more conservative and gas saving vechile. What should I do? Someone told me to buy a used car that is worth less...

Accepting expensive gifts [ 8 Answers ]

I am hesitating whether to accept exensive gifts such as diamond jewellery from a one year old boyfriend even though I like him. I am only 17 and he is 20. Is it okay ? Will there be any implication of this on our friendship. Please advise me whether to accept it, In case advice is to return it...

Why is divorce so expensive? [ 3 Answers ]

Because it is worth it! My first wife would rather climb up a tree to tell me a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth. I honestly tried everything to please her but it did not work. When we split, I nearly died. Did a lot of stupid things I am very ashamed of: however, if I had only known...

View more questions Search