Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lahend Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Lennox compressor not coming on
    HELP PLEASE... I have a Lennox a/c unit... the compressor all of sudden stopped awhile ago. The thermostat display is working fine and the fan comes on when I turn it from "auto" to "fan"... but the outside unit won't come on at all. I tried turning main breaker off and on but nothing. ANY SUGGESTIONS...
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 05:21 PM
    At the outside unit do you have 220 volts coming into the contactor? Is the contactor pulling in? Check the 2 wires from the air handler going to the outside unit. Has a weedeater or animal chewed them? You can take a screwdriver and manually push it on the contactor. Does everything work when you do this?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Some Lennox units have a manual reset high pressure reset switch in the outside unit,remove the access panel, it is a red button that you have to push in. This switch will kick off in the event of high pressure , caused by the fan motor failing or a dirty condenser, if motor runs take a water hose to the coil and wash. Good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside AC condensor/compressor unit not coming on at all [ 7 Answers ]

My outside central AC condensor/compressor unit (a Lennox) is not turning on at all. When I switch on the thermostat, the blower in the basement starts running and air is coming through the vents, but the outside unit is not turning on at all, so there is no cool air. Is the likely problem a...

Compressor and fan not coming on [ 3 Answers ]

I have check wiring at condenser unit out side, compresor and fan will come on and work if you push the button in the center of the relay and hold it but it will go off as soon as you release it.

Lennox A/C [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. Our fan is not coming on for our 13ACC unit. We have checked the breakers. Is it possibly a fuse?

Having problems with our lennox hs18-261-c8p a/c unit not coming on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi having problems with the wiring to get the outdoor unit to come on I checked it outside in the panel and it kicks on when I push in the switch in the middle of the wiring on the outdoor unit and the 2 small voltage wires on the thermostat is a honeywell ct3600 I have the + side going to rc and...

View more questions Search