Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbftsf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 06:12 AM
    Circuit breaker malfunction
    While operating the AC window unit and a blow dryer, the circuit breaker tripped (this has never happened before and we have never had any electrical problems in general). After re-setting the breaker, the electricity in that one area of the house, has not returned. Does this mean that that actual circuit breaker is blown and needs to be replaced? We tried re-setting the whole house in addition to that one circuit. Nothing has helped. Please let me know what you think. Thank you!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2007, 06:19 AM
    Could be a defective breaker, but seems with the breaker off several outlets are off, and with it on only some outlets come on, while others remain off.

If this is the case, the breaker is fine, and there is a loose connection someplace in a box or outlet. Try looking in the last working outlet, there may be a loose wire leaving that outlet.

If the wire connections to the receptacles is the pus in the back type, these are popular for loose connections. Re-do any push in type connection to wrapping around the screw type.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Remember that resetting means turning the breaker off and then on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker [ 15 Answers ]

I want to know about the basic Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker

OBD code P0335 (crank position A circuit malfunction) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've been having problems with a 1.8 nissan primera (petrol) engine light is on OBD returned this fault. Has had crank sensor replaced which improved things slightly, but it's still not 100% and engine light is still on. The nissan dealer cleared the code memory and re-checked the OBD. Same...

Circuit breaker [ 1 Answers ]

How does one change circuit breaker? It doesn't click into place, it's just very mushy & loose.

Replacing a circuit breaker with a GFI breaker- q on neutrals [ 1 Answers ]

In process on installing withquestion on neutral wires. Do you take the neutrals out of the in the main panel neutral and put them in into the breaker where its labelled "load neutral terminal" and only have the neutral "pig tail" to the panel neutral bar? Thanks!

Circuit Breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I have 14 gauge electrical wiring with a 15 amp circuit breaker can I change that circuit breaker to a 20 amp. Thanks Michael:D

View more questions Search