Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agrimm Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Whirlpool Duet Washer MOD: GHW9200LQ noise when spinning
    My Whirlpool front load washer makes a lot of noise when spinning. I want to repair this before it breaks. What do I need to repair, or look at to remedy this?
    Thanks,
    Annette
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Could be the clutch or brake linings are bad or the tub bearing. Is it more of a squealing or groaning noise or is it a rattling sound?

Aug 19, 2007, 04:44 PM
    It is more of a rattling sound. I want to fix it myself and save a hefty repair bill. Any ideas? I have already replaced the door switch on the washer.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2007, 04:47 PM
    If it's a rattling sound more than likely the centerpost bearings are probably worn out.

Aug 19, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by agrimm
    My Whirlpool front load washer makes a lot of noise when spinning. I want to repair this before it breaks. What do I need to repair, or look at to remedy this?
    Thanks,
    Annette
    Ok, so, should I pay for a repair manual to figure out how to fix it?
    MRSD Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by agrimm
    Thanks,
    Annette
    You could have a bra wire stuck in between outer and inner drum or it could be bearings. How to diagnose if its bearings is to open door and hold your thumb on outside of machine and pull the inner drum towards you if there is movement there's a good chance its bearings in which case you need to call an engineer as it's a big job and not cheap. Best to call an engineer I think.

Aug 19, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Thanks... the drum does move quite a bit, and when I do it, I hear a noise similar to what I hear at a greater frequency when it is spinning... ho hum!
    You have been a great help!
    Annette

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer: Noise after spinning [ 4 Answers ]

HI. I have a Kenmore 70 series washing machine that is about 2 years old. (Model # 26752500) It works just fine (fills, agitates, drains, spins) but when the spin cycle is over and the drum stops spinning, it makes a very loud noise. Do any of you have an idea of what the problem could be? Can...

Whirlpool washer knocks while spinning [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know why Whirlpool washer machine would make knock sound while spinning. Only while spinning not agitating. Must not be draining properly clothes are still damp. Ultimate Care II Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus.

View more questions Search