Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    y2kr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Moen tub shower making loud squealing sound.
    I have a Moen L82839 tub and shower faucet. When the water is coming out of the tub faucet it is fine but when it comes out of the shower it makes a LOUD squeal. Our house is about 5 years old and this started about 6 months ago? It is in the guest bathroom so I don't know for sure when but sometime within the last 6 to 8 months. Anyone have any ideas of how what could cause this?

Thanks,

Ken
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 18, 2007, 07:52 AM
    This sound could be caused by a faulty diverter spout or minerals built up in the shower head. Listen and feel fro vibration and let us know. Good luck, Tom
    y2kr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Not the shower head, does with it removed. The diverter is in the spout and the noise is coming from inside the wall, I am guesing it is the between the valve and the shower spout by listening.
    RJH_Contracting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 10:51 PM
    Replace the cartridge. Moen cartridges are guaranteed for life. Just remove it and take it to your local Home Depot, Lowe's, or whatever and they will give you a new one for free. Really easy fix.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 05:47 AM

Hi RJH...

First, the thread is from 2007 (upper left corner of each post) and we hope Y2kr has the issue fixed by now... ;)

Second, I agree that moen warranties their products for a lifetime, but in my experience home depot, Lowe's, menards, ace hardware, etc. are NOT going to give anyone a free replacement part. Heck, Home Depot won't even warranty their own glacier bay/pegasus faucet parts... usually must contact Global Industries in China for that. Have you had a personal experience where they actually handed you a new cartridge for free... let me know?

To get a free replacement cartridge/part that is manufactured by Moen, people need to call moen at 1800BUYMOEN , and then they will deliver the part (including shipping) for free. The average "delivery time" is between 5-12 days depending on where someone lives in the country.

Have a good day!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Tub makes Loud Popping sound after use [ 2 Answers ]

We have a new home, one year old, and every night after we have given the kids a bath, and have emptied the water, the tub makes a very loud popping sound. This popping happens several times every night and it can continue for up to 8 hrs after the bath. Please advise.

Tub drain pipe dripping sound after shower [ 6 Answers ]

After I use 2nd floor bath tub(shower pan), I hear a dripping sound inside the wall. The sound lasts long when the shower is taken long and it lasts short when the shower is short. Luckly (^^) I have not found any water mark on the kichen ceiling which is directly below the upstair bathroom and on...

Squealing shower [ 6 Answers ]

The shower in my second bath makes a loud squealing noise when turned on, this sound is not present when I am filling the tub. Only when the shower is operating and the water pressure/volume seems to be just fine. This does not happen in the main bathroom but always happens in bath #2 any idea of...

Bath tub drain pipe dripping sound after shower [ 6 Answers ]

After I use 2nd floor bath tub(shower pan), I hear a dripping sound inside the wall. The sound lasts long when the shower is taken long and it lasts short when the shower is short. Luckly (^^) I have not found any water mark on the kichen ceiling which is directly below the upstair bathroom and on...

View more questions Search