Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annebh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Recalling email on Outlook Express 6
    HELP

Urgently need to recall a message I sent on Outlook Express 6 . Anybody have any ideas?
    timbo123 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Aug 17, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by annebh
    HELP

Urgently need to recall a message I sent on Outlook Express 6 . Anybody have any ideas?
    Did you check in the folder called "Sent Items" already?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2007, 09:15 AM
    You can't. That feature is only available in Outlook and you have to be on an Exchange server network.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 17, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Very few services offer an unsend feature. If they do, its usually only to another user on the same service.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 17, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    You can't. That feature is only available in Outlook and you have to be on an Exchange server network.
    Um... are you sure about that? I've got outlook express 6 set up to connect to my mailserver with SMTP and POP3, and I've got a sent items folder with all my sent mail in it...

Aug 17, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsoksirhc
    Um...are you sure about that? I've got outlook express 6 set up to connect to my mailserver with SMTP and POP3, and I've got a sent items folder with all my sent mail in it...
    I believe Karma was responding to the original question, which in haste I mis-understood, therefore my post about "Sent Items"

Cheers,
    Tim
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2007, 10:06 AM
    This isn't about a folder with Sent mail, it's about recalling a message so that the recipient doesn't see it after it's been sent. That feature does not exist in OE.

Aug 17, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo123
    I believe Karma was responding to the original question, which in haste I mis-understood, therefore my post about "Sent Items"

Cheers,
    Tim
    Okay... but the OP asked about an email in Outlook Express 6... what part did you misunderstand, because I think I'm missing it too... It looks to me like they're using outlook express, and thus should have a sent items folder (under normal circumstances)

Aug 17, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Ohhh, I get it now. Sorry.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 17, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Um...are you sure about that? I've got outlook express 6 set up to connect to my mailserver with SMTP and POP3, and I've got a sent items folder with all my sent mail in it...
    I think the issue here is the OP's meaning of the word "recall". You and timbo seemed to think the OP meant to find the note that was sent. Need and I took it to mean unsend the e-mail.

If she just wants to find it, then yes look in the Sent folder. But is she wants to unsend, sorry, no dice.

Aug 17, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Okay...but the OP asked about an email in Outlook Express 6...what part did you misunderstand, because I think I'm missing it too....It looks to me like they're using outlook express, and thus should have a sent items folder (under normal circumstances)
    They are looking for a way to recall an email already sent out. Which is basically impossible in Express and only somewhat possible in Outlook... I thought they just wanted a copy of a sent email.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Okay...but the OP asked about an email in Outlook Express 6...what part did you misunderstand, because I think I'm missing it too....It looks to me like they're using outlook express, and thus should have a sent items folder (under normal circumstances)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    This isn't about a folder with Sent mail, it's about recalling a message so that the recipient doesn't see it after it's been sent. That feature does not exist in OE
    As NK said, the person is trying to "unsend" or get back the message. They weren't asking about the "Sent Items" folder. That confused me at first too. :p

Aug 17, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    As NK said, the person is trying to "unsend" or get back the message. They werent asking about the "Sent Items" folder. That confused me at first too. :p
    Sometimes when I drink I wish I could un-send emails :eek:

Cheers!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recalling sent e-mail in Outlook Express [ 1 Answers ]

Cannot figure out how to "RECALL" a send e-mail with Outlook Express. There is not an "Action" dropdown option like I have with regular Outlook. Any help/direction is appreciated.

Outlook Express 6 - Error 10053 email won't send [ 2 Answers ]

My email was working fine up to a few days ago. Now my Outlook Express 6 won't send email?? I get an error message error 10053, 0x800CCC0F. I have setup the same email accounts on a laptop and rec'v the same error messages while trying to send. My internet works great and receiving email is not an...

Recalling emails from Outlook Express 6.0 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Can anyone tell me if you can recall sent emails from Outlook Express?

Change font color in outlook express email [ 0 Answers ]

My Outlook Express will not let me change font color. Can you please help? Otto Greer [email protected]

View more questions Search