Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmotwani Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Outside AC condensor/compressor unit not coming on at all
    My outside central AC condensor/compressor unit (a Lennox) is not turning on at all. When I switch on the thermostat, the blower in the basement starts running and air is coming through the vents, but the outside unit is not turning on at all, so there is no cool air. Is the likely problem a blown fuse in the outside unit?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Check your breakers and fuses, the Lennox A/C units (some) have a manual reset high pressure switch in the out side unit. Turn off power , remove access panel on A/C look for a red button and push it in, close panel, turn power back on and if it runs , take a water hose and wash the condenser coil (outside unit) Good luck. Mike

Aug 17, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Mike - I pushed the red button but that did not result in it turning back on. I do hear a pop noise where the electrical lines connect to the outside unit. Fuses?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Possibly, chech the fuses,the pop may be the contactor pulling in or a dead short, does it pop the breaker when ot does this?

Aug 17, 2007, 10:25 AM
    It was the fuses. Thanks, this is a great site!
    james26062 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2011, 06:37 PM
    My outside ac unit won't come on worked good last year inside fan works outside fan was frooze I got it free but still not coming on can u give me some pointers
    augitorres Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 12:37 PM
    My lennox central ac starts outside after 2minutes breaker on compressor goes out what's wrong
    augitorres Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by augitorres View Post
    My lennox central ac starts outside after 2minutes breaker on compressor goes out whats wrong
    and inside blower still works but out side the maual swithch keeps trippin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compressor and fan not coming on [ 3 Answers ]

I have check wiring at condenser unit out side, compresor and fan will come on and work if you push the button in the center of the relay and hold it but it will go off as soon as you release it.

AC Compressor unit will not shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Here is the problem. Lets say it is 80 degrees. I turn the central air conditioner on, set at 78 degrees. The house cools down to 78 degrees. The thermostat appears to shut the blower (from the furnace) off and acts like it everything is shut off. However, the outdoor AC unit continues to run and...

Noises from Outside (compressor) Unit [ 1 Answers ]

House is cooled by two separate units, both installed 10 years ago. Recently, the larger of the two outside units will make intermittent grinding/banging/clunking sounds. When this happens the lights will flicker for the same period (could be 5 - 30 seconds). The unit still provides cooling, but...

AC condenser Unit Won't Kick In [ 3 Answers ]

This is an 18 year old Lennox 5 ton 2 speed central AC unit. Over the years it has not been used much as I am not an AC guy. The unit is in good shape. I know a little about basic AC so that makes it a little easier. Out of the blue the condenser unit, fan and compressor will not start. I checked...

Why no insulation in condenser unit ? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm curious why when A/C units are installed, why only the cold Line is insulated from the condenser unit to the evaporator. Why is the cold line not insulated on the inside of the condenser Unit?. seems like an energy waste. Questions: Is it OK to insulate the cold line inside the condenser...

View more questions Search