Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    de_010_gemini Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 11:21 AM
    My Belly Ring Will Not Unscrew!Wat Do I Do?
    Hey you, I got my belly button pierced and I tried 2 get it off last night and its STUCK!! I tried using pliers but it hurts and it won't turn in any direction (left nor right)And when I try 2 unscrew it it won't turn, and its pussing a little now. Wat do I do?? Should I go 2 tha doctors or is there a way I can get it off a home?! :confused:
    CAN somebody PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 11:24 AM
    If there is pus go to a doctor. Pus is a sign of infection.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Hello de:

It's too late. If you unscrew your bellybutton ring, your bottom will fall off.

excon
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 11:37 AM
    How fresh is the piercing? If it is less than 6 weeks you need to leave the ring alone. Try putting some saline solution in a small cup with some sea salt mixed in. place the open end of the cup over the piercing and then lay on your back, allowing the cup to form a suction to your skin, and the liquid inside to "wash" your piercing. Let this sit there for 5 minutes. Afterwards try to turn the ring/barbell clockwise, but do not remove the ring itself. Next clena the wound with some peroxide and then rinse with water. Cover the entire area with guaze, completely covering the ring itself. Do this same thing twice a day for one week straight, make sure you keep it covered to prevent infection and pulling. If it is not better after a week on this regmend, you need to see a doctor. The ring itself is stuck because it needs to be cleaned. But wait until you have the wound under control first. After a week, if the wound is feeling better, try to use soapy warm water around the ball and then unscrew. Hope that helps. Your piercer should have given you this informaition, if he didn't, it is not a reputable place, if he did, I suggest following directions next time, you can get very sick from a simple piercing.

If in the next week's time, it becomes severely inflamed, or the puss gets worse see a doctor immediately.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 12:31 PM
    If you have a barbell and none of the balls will unscrew, go back to your piercer and have him/her take it off for you. They will usually do this for free as a courtesy.

As for the discharge, almost all piercings will have discharge in some form. That is why we have "crusties" around the piercing when we wake up in the morning. The infectious discharge can be yellow or greenish, and have a very foul odor. If you have this type of discharge, see your doctor immediately.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    If you have a barbell and none of the balls will unscrew, go back to your piercer and have him/her take it off for you. They will usually do this for free as a courtesy.

As for the discharge, almost all piercings will have discharge in some form. That is why we have "crusties" around the piercing when we wake up in the morning. The infectuous discharge can be yellow or greenish, and have a very foul odor. If you have this type of discharge, see your doctor immediately.
    I actually got the impression that the "crusties" were the problem with the ring itself... good point about going back to the piercer.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 12:51 PM
    The "crusties" are actually white blood cells trying to heal the piercing. That is normal, unless it turns yellow or greenish, and is thick and sort of stringy. Then its time for some antibiotics.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Oh I know... I just like the word... lol... the saline solution will help prevent this from happening... it fools the body into thinking it belongs so the white blood cells don't attack. But I meant, I hadn't even thought about it really being stuck, and going to the piercer to fix it... I automatically though the goop dried on the ring... has happened to me before.

Aug 15, 2007, 03:07 PM
    OOoOo OK I guess ill go baqq to the piercer and see if he can get it off for me. THANKZ [[ALOT]]!! :D :) all of
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 03:10 PM
    How long have you had the piercing?

Aug 15, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Since tha beginning of June
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Okay good, I'm just making sure that if you do get it taken out it is after the 6 week period. If it isn't past the 6 weeks and you try to change the jewelry too soon, you could irritate it and possibly get an infection.

Make sure you go back to your piercer and have him/her unscrew your current barbell. :)
    CorrieNB Posts: 78, Reputation: 8

Aug 15, 2007, 05:15 PM
    I had the same problem with mine and had to use wire cutter and have some one cut it off. I am not telling you you should do this but if you decide to make sure you keep everything very clean. Belly button rings can get very infected.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 05:17 PM
    If the piercing is on so tight that the jewelry needs to be cut, don't do it yourself. Leave that up to your piercer, it is his job. If he put it on too tight, it is his job to get it off. Using a wire cutter on yourself, or having your friends do it for you, can potentially be dangerous. :)

Aug 15, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Oh OK thanxz ill do that

Aug 15, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Yes it can be very dangerous and again I'm not telling you to do it just letting you know it is not unusal for one to get stuck. You are making the right choice in going back to the person who pierced it to take care of it

Aug 15, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Im not sure what it is called but mine was the ring or maby they call it the loop:confused:
    So I had a lot of room to cut not the most clever way of removal Im sure I guess them being on to tight happens quite often
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CorrieNB
    Im not sure what it is called but mine was the ring or maby they call it the loop:confused:
    so I had alot of room to cut not the most clever way of removal Im sure I guess them being on to tight happens quite often
    Yes in that case you had more room to cut than if you had a barbell. All of the piercings I've ever had have been really tight, I just had to keep trying and trying until one day the ball just screwed off. :)
    verytute Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Lol most times when they pierce a belly button they use a hoop that has a captive bead on it and it doesn't un screw at all it just pulls out only reason I know this is cause I had the same problem with mine and my best friend sat there laughing at me and came over and just pulled a little bit on the ball and it popped out of the ring
    jayzee712 Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Nov 8, 2009, 08:11 AM
    I got a small bellybutton

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can I change my belly ring? [ 5 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced 3weeks ago and the person who pierced it said to come back in a month-6 weeks and that they will change the belly ring for me. Well I'm wondering after they change the belly ring how long I have to wait until I can change it again?

Left belly ring out too long [ 2 Answers ]

Listin I need help fast I took my elly button ring out because it got red and my mom wa sgetting mad and now I'm worried I can't put it back in because it hurts I've had it for 6 months now will it close up if I leave it out for 3 days Some one help

Belly Ring Stuck [ 6 Answers ]

hey Everyone, I am writing because I need your help. I recently got my belly ring pierced (july 2006) and today I had to go to the radiologist because I was in a car accident last week and needed some x-rays done. Anyway, long story short, they asked me to take my belly ring out but I couldn't...

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

When threads won't unscrew [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get a bathtub stem out? It will tighten up, but when unscrewing it just turns forever. Is there a trick to getting the stem to unthread? HELP!

View more questions Search