Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sudiki Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Locating buried pvc water lines
    Any way to accurately locate the pvc water lines from a well to the house? The line is about 200 feet long.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 06:26 AM
    I have heard of pipe locator that works with PVC. Will see if I can locate. What I would do is push stainless fish tape through conduit. Put signal on it and trace through ground. Will show location and depth. Progressive Electronics makes a pair, 1 is antenna probe that hangs from receiver, the other attaches to fish tape.
    About $200.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Yes, There Is A Way To Accurately Find The Water Lines, Well At Least Two Really Accurate Ways For Me To Find Them In The Past, Make That Three Ways.
    1. Witching, (forked Fruit Tree Limb And A Witcher)
    The Next Two Have Worked Really Well When I Wasn't Trying To Find Water Lines, But None The Less Worked Really Well.

2. Backhoe

3. Track Hoe
    Numbers 2 And 3 Are Sure Fire Winners.

But Seriously If You Can Find A "water Witcher" In Your Area, That Would Work. I Have Done This For People Before In The Past And Was Very Accurate Even Following The Lines For Great Distances. This Is Not Witch Craft I Do Not Want A Rep Of Being An Old Warlock O.k.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air in water lines [ 1 Answers ]

I have a well and I have air in my water lines.I quess I need to drain water and pressure tank,if this is true then in what order.

Possible sediment in water lines [ 2 Answers ]

Just had to repair a leak on incoming water line to house. All seemed OK, until later on that night there was no water in a bathroom, not the sink, not the shower... what are thoughts about diabnosing problem? There is a kitchen and bath ahead of this area and all seems okay there... If there is...

What type of pipe for buried water line? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I had a pipe break recently in the water line running to a workshop behind my house. The existing pipe is galvanized that was buried and eventually rusted through. I want to abandon the pipe completely and run a new line. I am on a budget so... What about the white plastic pipe? What...

Vanity Water Lines [ 5 Answers ]

We are having a house built and the plumber ran the water lines up through the floor rather than through the wall. I have never seen this before. Is this common? I am concerned that the lines will not have the strength to support a shutoff valve? Are there any codes related to this issue? ...

View more questions Search