Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debbie2984 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 04:28 AM
    STD's following Hysterectomy
    Is it possible to still get some or any STD's after having a full hysterectomy?
    I was pretty sure at the time of the op, that I was told I could not get most of them like Chlamidia, but not sure.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 04:37 AM
    If you are exposed, then yes there is still a risk. There is still a risk of a tubal pregnancy if only the uterus was removed and the ovaries and fallopian tubes remain intact also.
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Aug 2, 2007, 10:32 AM
    I hope it wasn't the doctor who led you to believe that. Even if that were partially true, it shouldn't change the way you approach STD/STI's. That is to say, prevention or testing.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 04:57 PM
    I am lost to answer this one. You can get an STD regardless of your hysterectomy..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worried about std's [ 9 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have always used condoms.. but last night right before he put the condom on his penis touched my vagina for a few seconds. Now I am worried that I might have given him hpv. I was diagnosed with it a few years ago. We didn't mean to touch it was totally an accident. Is it...

What can happen?std's [ 5 Answers ]

What can genital warts do to your body if not treated?:confused:

Hysterectomy AND HRT [ 2 Answers ]

How long after having a total hysterectomy does one need to be on hormone replacement therapy?

Hysterectomy and std's [ 1 Answers ]

I had a hysterectomy, but they left one ovary, I have had this strange pain in my insides which is hard to pinpoint since I have no insides. The pain began after I had sex with my husband and that was 3 months ago. The pain began as a backache then I started getting a foul smell. I recently used...

Std's [ 11 Answers ]

Is it possible for an STD to form without actually having sex with someone who has one? My girlfriend and I had sex earlier (without a condom, she's on the pill and I didn't have one. I know, I know. Don't lecture me.) and now "I'm" doing weird things. The head is really dry and itchy and the left...

View more questions Search