Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lacey5765 Posts: 157, Reputation: 50

Jun 22, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Is he still considering the therapist next week? Maybe he will respect their opinion. I am glad you have a supportive family. I know that is a blessing. You can go to church without him. Take the children and maybe he will want to join you.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by goingoofy2
    this is why I came on this site ... trying to get other's opinions and to show him that I'm [and others little comments] not the only one who thinks this is unnatural and unhealthy. In seeing what many have wrote he laughs and says "these people have no idea who I am" ... no, that is why I'm asking their opinion because you have a good amount of people schmoozed that they could never imagine such stupid behavior on your part. I did say that I think I should go public and ask his people's opinions ... I haven't gotten a response.
    It is so sads , but I know who he is: someone that has insecurties about himself and goes from woman to woman to cover it up, someone that is afraid to be himself for fear of rejection, someone that covers lifes hurts with a bottle. He is a person that has little patience that skims through life with as little effort as possible. He is an addict and will take down and keep down as many people as he possibly can, to make his drowning a$$ not to feel different and not to be alone. Yes, I know him and many that are just like him. That only have a different name. People like him can not schmooze a person like myself, they fear me and my truth, so they laugh and try to cover their fear up that someone knows! Deep down he knows that he has been found out and he knows that you have been told, and he is scared as hell of his little world being turned upside down, by the truth. Inside he is shaking but not with laughter.
    goingoofy2 Posts: 49, Reputation: 13

Jun 22, 2007, 04:08 PM
    I99... she no longer has a my space... but, it was a pretty advanced site with her giving the peace sign and sticking her tongue out (lazy tongue) and another having her head tilted to the side in a seductive manner with the hair fluffed, lot's of peace signs pointing down with the pouty fish lips or both index fingers pointing at you as if she were Charlie's Angel, some of her and her mother or cousins out... the things that were said. Not your average site for a 11-12 year old... I didn't think.

Sad thing for her was she left it on my computer one night and I was able to see all these things on there... nothing too awful, but nothing a 12 yr old should show... some of the chats were not so nice. Her dad yelled at her, but she yelled back claiming innocence. And now, someone has stolen her password and has put all types of nasty comments on there (she and others have said)... who knows what she does now, maybe her sidekick... she doesn't use my computer anymore either... just the one she has at her mothers. Thanks for writing...

Jun 23, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Hi guys, well I've decided I'm contacting an attorney on Monday. I was given a number for a divorce attorney specializing in psychological disorders and specifically for those who display "the charm" in public but is completely different at home; apparently this attorney has written books on these types of personality disorders but also deals with children and complex divorces. I need for someone to be able to see right through this mans charm already. I'm hoping he'll be able to see me sooner than the other appt. on Friday since I really need to get all this taken care of, it's really weighing heavy on my mind now.

Thanks again for helping me understand this situation a little better!!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Hi guys, well I've decided I'm contacting an attorney on Monday. I was given a number for a divorce attorney specializing in psychological disorders and specifically those who display "the charm" in public but is completely different at home; apparently he's written books on these types of personality disorders. I'm hoping he'll be able to see me sooner than the other appt. on Friday since I really need to get all this taken care of, it's really weighing heavy on my mind now.

Thanks again for helping me understand this situation a little better!!!
    That is fine if that is what you want, but you must remember to take into account why you stayed so long. Review this and get the help for you and your children that is necessary. Much damage has been done and just getting a divorce will not make it all go away. Good luck with your choices:)

Jun 23, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Thanks bush... it's sooo involved, I've already swayed a few times from the initial question so I won't get into it,but thanks to you guys, I finally feel confident enough to move forward. I'm really tired of this man belittling my family, friends, and myself in trying to make us feel as if we are all nutz in what we believe...
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 04:59 AM
    Hi guys, well I've decided I'm contacting an attorney on Monday. I was given a number for a divorce attorney specializing in psychological disorders and specifically those who display "the charm" in public but is completely different at home
    Good for you! It sounds like he's beyond "fixing". It's a life-long habit of character, so the chances of a radical awakening are slim. Protect yourself and your boys and put as much distance between you and him as possible. Be courageous, and I wish you well.

Jun 24, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Good Luck to you GOffy, I hope things go well for you and your family. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Jun 24, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Thanks a bunch!
    j-lee Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jul 1, 2007, 08:31 PM
    All I will say is LEAVE HIM<GET OUT OF THAT RELOINSHIP>Any one with eyes can see that that is pure sick...
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 11, 2007, 09:08 AM
    It's the elecktra complex. I learned it this year. The daughter tries to be better than the mom and feels sexually attracted to the father, because she is jealous of the mother (you). I heard it happens ages 10-14. Should pass if you spend time with your daughter more. But in this case it sounds a lot more serious and well just different than normal phases. Not sure really.

Jul 11, 2007, 11:24 AM
    How have things been Goffy?

Jul 11, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey5765
    How have things been Goffy?
    Hi Lacey... Things are different with the daughter and dad... he sat down with her and explained that she is no longer allowed to sleep in his room and that she's a big girl now and shouldn't be afraid to be in her room by herself, as she's claiming. She's a little stand offish to both of us now, but at least the main thing seems under control.

As far as he and I, my attorney has to do discovery work, financial's and so forth, I'm hoping to be able to serve him by late August... would love to do it sooner however there's too much involved. He's trying to make nice and play he's so hurt role but there comes a point where one is just fed up to here with always being yelled at, wrong, the friends and family are all idiots, etc. just all negative stuff so it's time to move forward... After $295 for the counselor, she pretty much stated husband is immature [with other issues] and wants the world to see things his way and either you do... or you don't. I guess I just don't.

Thanks for asking Lacey... hope you and yours are happy and healthy!!
    proudmommyoftwingirls Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 06:51 PM
    my 12 year old step-daughter won't sleep in her own room. I don't sleep in the same room as my husband due to his snoring. She's 5'8, a B cup bra, wears tight boy shorts and a v neck tight string tank to bed spraying body spray all over before going to sleep. My four year old son sleeps in the room sometimes as well however not every time. I've asked my husband to please have a talk with her as this is not normal and is actually unhealthy. He tells me I'm over reacting that she's still a little girl and I'm making a bigger deal out of it than it is. She wraps her arms around him and lays her head on his chest, she spoons him when laying down with her leg over him, she sits next to him with a skirt on and her legs draped over his and recently began calling him "daddy" instead of dad ...now the latest, she gives him for fathers day a 9x12 framed photo of her in a string bikini on the beach wearing a padded bikini top, people say it's because he has one of me on his desk in a bikini, uh where's the school or sport pictures?

...I'm just sick at the whole thing and my husbands lackadaisical approach. I am near divorce with all this, since it's just so creepy. He tells me not to blame her for what her mother has taught her to be (I don't, but he's not helping) her mom is the town tramp and dresses very [trashy] too, but c'mon this is his daughter already. He tells her to go in her room, but when she doesn't, he doesn't pursue it. People have made comments as to her behavior and more so this is why I've brought it to his attention since he is in the public eye often, somebody is going to say the wrong thing one day and he's not going to like it. Am I being ridiculous? Please help.
    That is very inappropriate I would put a stop to it that is asking for trouble I would tell him he needs counseling and so does she
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 26, 2007, 06:58 PM
    As long as it has stopped then G00D!:)
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Jul 27, 2007, 12:33 AM
    Contact CPS and they will interview the child and your husband.
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Jul 27, 2007, 12:53 AM
    my 12 year old step-daughter won't sleep in her own room. I don't sleep in the same room as my husband due to his snoring. She's 5'8, a B cup bra, wears tight boy shorts and a v neck tight string tank to bed spraying body spray all over before going to sleep. My four year old son sleeps in the room sometimes as well however not every time. I've asked my husband to please have a talk with her as this is not normal and is actually unhealthy. He tells me I'm over reacting that she's still a little girl and I'm making a bigger deal out of it than it is. She wraps her arms around him and lays her head on his chest, she spoons him when laying down with her leg over him, she sits next to him with a skirt on and her legs draped over his and recently began calling him "daddy" instead of dad ...now the latest, she gives him for fathers day a 9x12 framed photo of her in a string bikini on the beach wearing a padded bikini top, people say it's because he has one of me on his desk in a bikini, uh where's the school or sport pictures?

...I'm just sick at the whole thing and my husbands lackadaisical approach. I am near divorce with all this, since it's just so creepy. He tells me not to blame her for what her mother has taught her to be (I don't, but he's not helping) her mom is the town tramp and dresses very [trashy] too, but c'mon this is his daughter already. He tells her to go in her room, but when she doesn't, he doesn't pursue it. People have made comments as to her behavior and more so this is why I've brought it to his attention since he is in the public eye often, somebody is going to say the wrong thing one day and he's not going to like it. Am I being ridiculous? Please help.
    Hi again. Curious about child's mother. Why is she with you and her father? Might learn by talking with ex wife. Any sibs? Does your husband use drugs, alcohol etc. Have you found any evidence of abuse while they are in bed, e.g. soiled fabrics, clothing? Wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest to spend a dollar for a pair of era plugs (very comfortable) and get back in the right bed. Best wishes
    go-ask-mom Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Jul 27, 2007, 02:31 AM
    Well after reading ten pages of this... its went from, "How do I get HIM to see the light....to, "I'VE finally seen the light!" Well, thats all fine and great....but you ARE supposed to be the ADULT here.... so sudden epiphanies aside, what about the 12 yr old GIRL????
    WHAT type of role does her life take on once your 'safe, snugly, and secure' OUTSIDE of thee home, eh?
    She IS still a child, even tho not your own....I would think you have at the very least, a moral responsibility to ensure she live "safe, snugly and secure" also. What plan of action have you discussed with your atty./outside sources to ensure her well being also?

The situation needs addressed whether you remain in the home. Your impending divorce changes absolutely nothing for which you were first concerned with, remember?

The best of luck to your family and in your future endeavors!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 27, 2007, 10:40 AM
    This is not acceptable and he could be risking some serious accusations from people who notice the same things you do. He MUST step up and stop her behavior as a responsible parent. He may not "encourage" this behavior, but by allowing it to happen he is enabling her.
    Its likely (hopefully) just a case of a confused girl that is jealous of her step-mother and father's relationship. However, the adults in this situation need to get her counseling. This poor kid isn't going to know this is wrong and how to deal with her feelings unless someone teaches her.

Your husband is very wrong to allow it.
    shishcap Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 02:51 PM

There is really something wrong here. Get the kid of the bedroom and if she continues to go into the room with him and he does nothing to cooperate with her staying out, pack your bags and get your little boy out of that environment. It's a no win situation. They are both sick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter trying to find her dad [ 10 Answers ]

My name is michelle C. I'm 22 and have been looking for my dad since I was well probably 17 His name is rick napper if anyone knows him or can help me contact him please let me know... :(

It's time my 15 year old daughter met her bio dad [ 4 Answers ]

It's time for my 15 year old to meet her bio dad. She has never known him and he has never seen her. I do not want to go into what all transpired 16 years ago, except to say that both of us were not very nice people when we drank alcohol. Daughter is having some behavioral problems currently. ...

3 yr. Old daughter hates Dad [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married for 3yrs. We have 4 children (3 from her previous marriage and one together). The youngest (my daughter) is 3. My wife and I have had a pretty tumultuous relationship... up and down. I was very strict and not very loving toward my daughter since we had her. And...

I have a 2 year old daughter and her father has not seen her in over a year. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old daughter and her father left me when she was 5 months old and the last time he saw her was 2 weeks before Christmas 2006, he and I were never married. He knows where she is and how to get ahold of me and see her, but has failed in trying to contact me or see her. I do not have a...

View more questions Search