Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dseaberg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Wiring diagram for replacing a ceiling fan switch
    I have an Airmak AM207 ceiling fan. It has a 3 way switch with 4 wires. I am replacing the old switch and got the wires mixed up. What is the right order and color for L 1 2 3. The black is the line, grey goes to the reversing switch, purple and brown come out of the capacitor which is a Lung Chang 3 wire, 3+1.5uF300vac.

Thank you!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Try:
    L Black
    1 Gray
    2 Brown
    3 Purple
    veilzside Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 07:59 PM
    Comment on Stratmando's post
    OMG, it works! Thanks a lot :)
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2010, 06:05 AM

I actually stole the info from Ceilingfans link above.
    RichardPinedoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2013, 08:19 AM
    We have a hunter 3 speed switch ceiling fan I would like to make some change to pull the lights on- off by a pulling switch and operate the fan with a switch in the wall is it possible, and what are the steps to make the changes.
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2013, 07:10 AM
    The Fan will need Your Ground and neutral, also a constant hot for the light, and a wire to your switchbox which will control the fan, then you can control the fan by pull chain, of a Fan Controller(Set the pullchain for fan on high)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan will not work after replacing 3 speed pull chain switch [ 129 Answers ]

I just recently replaced a 4-wire (3-speed) Ceiling fan switch on my ceiling fan. The chain had broken off inside the switch. After installing the new switch, the fan wouldn't turn At all. I have tried the swithes at all speeds And even went out and purchased another switch thinking the first...

Ceiling Fan wiring on a 3-way switch HELP! [ 17 Answers ]

I originally had two 48" fluorescent lamps in the kitchen. The ballasts have gone and I've taken this opportunity to put up a ceiling fan. I have two switches. One at each entry to the kitchen. The question is... When the original lighting was removed there were two different sets of wires,...

Wiring ceiling fan switch and light switch [ 1 Answers ]

I had to replace the flywheel on my Hunter ceiling fan and I had to remove the light kit that was attached. After I installed the flywheel, I forgot to mark the wires for re-connection. This is an older model fan. There are five wires coming from the fan motor--brown, blue, white, black and...

Need help replacing a 5-8 wire ceiling fan switch. [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a 3 speed, 5-8 wire fan switch with a Harbor Breeze switch. The old switch has numbers 1-Blue wire, 2-Red wire, 3-Orange wire, 4-? and C-Black wire. I don't know which wire was in 4 as it fell out. The old switch is single layered with connection holes and the black wire...

Ceiling Fan Wiring To Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new ceiling fan in a room where the switch previously controlled only an outlet and there was no power directly at the switch, only at the outlet. At the switch box I wired the two white wires together and then wired the black wires, one each, to the screws on the switch. The...

View more questions Search