Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greenopal56 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Do men like big women?
    Im a girl in college, and I haven't been a relationship for a really long time. Ive been on a few dates, but I think that there's something turns the guys off. Ive always been told that I'm a really beautiful girl and that I have a great personality, just that I'm kind of on the big side. My mom calls it statuesque... I call it fat.. and people tell me I'm just a bit chubby:confused: Could my weight be getting in the way of me finding a nice guy? Are there really men who find big women attractive, or are they just saying that so that we don't feel bad?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 07:41 PM
    No your weight could not be in the way of meeting a nice guy because nice guys don't care about things like that. Your weight is probably hindering you meeting jerk who are superficial but who wants that anyway!

Just be yourself and keep being beautiful and the right guy will come along some time. Don't let it worry you so much. People can sense it and you come off as desperate!
    big mama2009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Okay I don't know a lot but I do know guys like big women I am big and I have thought that too then I met this guy who likes me for me and not the way I look every guy I have asked if they like skinny or big women and every guy told me they like big women because skinny girls are to boney.
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Jun 14, 2007, 09:27 PM
    I am on the big side and my husband wouldn't have me any other way... he says that when he holds me there is more to hold on to. If the guys you are dating are leaving because of your weight then you don't need them. Mr. Right will come along someday soon, when you least expect it.
    tr3sha Posts: 14, Reputation: 7

Jun 14, 2007, 09:54 PM
    To be brutally honest, most guys do not approach you because you are big. Men and women are naturally not attracted to overweight beings. I know this, because I've been overweight my whole life. That's why you see bigger people dating other bigger people, because they understand and just deal with what they're given. Sometimes you have to kick physical attractiveness out the door and just settle for personality alone. Trust me, I hate this fact too, but it's truth. [I]however[I], some people really do not care about that. All people do care about hygiene, clothing, and just the basic essentials that get you through the day without looking like a distant cousin of gizmo the gremlin. So, if you take care of yourself and let your personality shine through, you'll find that one amazing person. You just have to.
    tr3sha Posts: 14, Reputation: 7

Jun 15, 2007, 09:02 PM
    True. But here is more truth- most men are shallow.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Well it will keep you from dating and perhaps living a few years with some jerk that only went out with you because you were the cheer leader or because you were a size 4.

You don't need jerks like that. But there are some men who like heavy women, there are men that big chest, men that like long legs, men that like hairly legs, and so on.

Often if and when we don't think good of ourself, we give that impression to others, which is what really turns people off. I knew heavy women, 300 lb plus who never went a weekend alone.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 09:48 PM
    As pretty much everyone seems to agree, a man worth having would not let your weight interfere. Now, on the flip side, your attitude about yourself COULD be what is turning guys off. If you are not happy with who you are you will send that message out to men. Concentrate on making yourself happy with YOU and I think the rest will fall into place.

Hugs, Didi
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kt0007
    my dads diabetic.
    So is my brother. That's how I know its not easy for some people to lose weight. Besides, no one should be judged by their looks anyway. Saying she would look good if she lost weight is wrong because everyone is beautiful in their own way no matter how big or small. :)
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jun 15, 2007, 10:17 PM
    Hello Opal

In the last few years full sized Ladies are more wanted then the skinny fake looking Ladies. The main problem full figured Ladies have is they don't feel sexy so they don't act or give off the positive sexy image. That doesn't mean dressing like a hooker hehehe. You have to get a Mans attention before he can talk to you and what one thing gets a real Mans attention... A Lady that looks happy with herself. Ok OK a big chest helps hehehe just kidding, A real man will see a smile before he sees anything else.

So hold your head high and know you're a special lady and any Man that gets a chance to talk to you is truly a lucky man.

Dennis777
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 12:42 AM
    I was huge at a younger age.. I got like no attention at all.. then I went to the gym.. and well.. now I only ever get attention.. only problem is I don't know how to handel it ;z

Some people do like bigger women.. we all have our typs.. but mostly I would say guys are very shallow
    greenopal56 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Well it will keep you from dating and perhaps living a few years with some jerk that only went out with you because you were the cheer leader or because you were a size 4.

You don't need jerks like that. But there are some men who like heavy women, there are men that big chest, men that like long legs, men that like hairly legs, and so on.

Often if and when we don't think good of ourself, we give that impression to others, which is what really turns people off. I knew heavy women, 300 lb plus who never went a weekend alone.
    Lol, are there really guys who like hairy legs? :o that actually makes me feel a bit better, lol:rolleyes: not that I have anything against hairy legs, give me a week or two and I really shouldn't talk, lol:D
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 21, 2007, 10:17 AM
    There are some men who like skinny girl and some who like them bigger, and as you leave the semi-immature college life, you will find that mens tastes are as varied as the females. So put it aside about the outside, and make sure the inside is healthy and happy, that's what really counts.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    There are some men who like skinny girl and some who like them bigger, and as you leave the semi-immature college life, you will find that mens tastes are as varied as the females. So put it aside about the outside, and make sure the inside is healthy and happy, that's what really counts.
    Exactly, I can't spread you any reputation at this moment, Tal.
    The college life is semi-immature, most guys like skinny, tanned and "easy" girls be frankly with you. It doesn't mean all the men are like that! Well, just go to Wal Mart, u'll find guys looking at you. There is another thing->the guys you like problly are interested in you, but there are guys you are not interested in and they do like you. Pay attention to the guys around you,there could be someone, unless you have extremely high standard( I am not like) which is understandable, when we are young we all do!:)
    amnjut4ever Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Well I have always been on the chubby side and my sister has always been on the skinny pretty boy magnet side. And all my life she told me how fat I was and that I would never get a boyfriend and she had a new boyfriend all the time. And I always thought my weight was an issue but I find it hard to do anything about it. But a year and a half ago a guy that I have known for a long time asked me out and we have been together for a year and a half now and he is the best thing ever my weight doesn't bother him at all he says he likes it. And my sister has a boyfriend that loves her for her looks and he has told her that he will never let her get fat... and that's not true love... but my boyfriend loves me just the way I am and I know you will find someone no doubt in my mind you just won't get a jerk like most girls.:)
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amnjut4ever
    well I have always been on the chubby side and my sister has always been on the skinny pretty boy magnet side. and all my life she told me how fat I was and that I would never get a boyfriend and she had a new boyfriend all the time. and I always thought my weight was an issue but I find it hard to do anything about it. but a year and a half ago a guy that I have known for a long time asked me out and we have been together for a year and a half now and he is the best thing ever my weight doesnt bother him at all he says he likes it. and my sister has a boyfriend that loves her for her looks and he has told her that he will never let her get fat...and thats not true love...but my boyfriend loves me just the way I am and I know you will find someone no doubt in my mind you just wont get a jerk like most girls.:)
    Right! The right one( not a jerk) will love the way you are. :)
    Thanks for sharing another story with us!:)
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jul 21, 2007, 01:40 PM
    There are guys that don't care about your weight. The way I see it being self consience is holding you back. Personality comes before anything else. Personality makes people more attractive. So put yourself out there and you'll find the right guy, guys love confidence. As long as you think you're beautiful and attractive then other people will too. I don't think it has anything to do with your weight. You CAN be overweight and sexy at the same time. Society's image of beautiful, I hate it.
    Dusk_Into_Twlight Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 02:11 PM
    All I need to say is as of follows:

Only a dog wants a bone
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Jul 21, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by greenopal56
    Im a girl in college, and i haven't been a relationship for a really long time. Ive been on a few dates, but i think that there's something turns the guys off. Ive always been told that im a really beautiful girl and that i have a great personality, just that im kind of on the big side. My mom calls it statuesque...i call it fat..and people tell me im just a bit chubby:confused: Could my weight be getting in the way of me finding a nice guy? are there really men who find big women attractive, or are they just saying that so that we dont feel bad?
    There are all types of men out there, some like petite women, some like skeletal looking women, some like curvaceous women, some like bbw, it all depends on the particular guy, same goes for women.
    E3317 Posts: 103, Reputation: -5

Jul 21, 2007, 03:00 PM
    I don't really like big chicks, but there are a lot of dudes that love them. My homeboy is a is built like a male model, and he loves fat chick, not big, not thick, but fat, I mean really big. So you being slightly big is not really a factor. You just have to take that big belly and make is sexy. Men love confidence, be sure of your beauty, and the dudes will come.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

And men say they don't understand women! [ 14 Answers ]

I have been debating whether to post this for a while now, please understand that my intention IS NOT to get at men so please don't take what I have to say to heart, it is just my thoughts, and I would appreciate your thoughs, good or bad... Me and my partner have always been open with each...

Have men loss all respect for women? [ 7 Answers ]

I was thinking about the Imus thing and him referring to these women and “nappy headed ho’s”. It made me think about other derogator things men say to and about women. I also started to think about how our generation of women conduct themselves. We have women that sleep around with every man...

Men and Women in 1600 [ 1 Answers ]

what are some roles of men and women in 1600?:o In england and america.

Good article men vs. Women [ 0 Answers ]

ENLIGHTENING RELATIONSHIPS Vive La Difference! By Carol Allen Published: 09/29/2006 Send This Article To a Friend "Why can't a woman be more like a man?" asks the protagonist in the Broadway hit, "My Fair Lady." Most women sing a similar tune all day, asking, "Why can't a...

View more questions Search