Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonnyg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Confederate Paper Money Value
    My Dad came across some Confederate Paper Bills,50 dollar note printed in Richmond VA in 1861, and a 10 dollar note printed in Richmond VA in 1864,in his mother's belongings.He ask me if I knew if or could find out if they were worth anything?
    spikerbiker Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Jul 15, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyg
    My Dad came across some Confederate Paper Bills,50 dollar note printed in Richmond VA in 1861, and a 10 dollar note printed in Richmond VA in 1864,in his mother's belongings.He ask me if I knew if or could find out if they were worth anything?
    You could consult the local library or bookstore for what is known in the coin collecting word as The Red Book. It lists a lot of information about values, conditions etc. Also at the bookstore are collecting magazines such as "Coin World" Check also on Ebay and see if anyone is selling something similar.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Good answer above!

From my own experience as a collector of coins and paper money, the confederate bills can be worth next to nothing or a lot of money. It depends on their condition and whether they are deemed to be of value because of their rarity and how they were designed artistically.

I would also suggest taking them to a coin shop to determine if they are the real thing or not. There have been a lot of the confederate currency that has been duplicated to look like it is the real thing.

You might find the information on the following sites to be helpful to you. I hope that you do.

I have come confederate paper money and am curious if it has... - Q&A

Paper Money Collecting FAQ
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Personaly, I'd have a hard time letting go of something like that under those circumstances. I've got several different contries currancy and coinage (small amounts, pocket stuff) from the places I've been. Reminders, maybe.
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2007, 11:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyg
    Whether they are worth much, some people might put these sort of things in a family album or other displays of memorabilia about a relative.

Just an idea.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 11:35 PM
    I know my husband would take it off your hands.. lol :)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 11:36 PM
    Yes, so would mine! Lol
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 27, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    I know my husband would take it off of your hands..lol :)
    See, that's so typical... He's a history junkie, like me.

You've got something that nobody has access to, and we want to cling to these things... for reasons few can explain. It's because we can't put our finger on it that it becomes larger than life, a being of it's own.

I've walk some old battle sites, here in Florida. There are many. Late in the day... when you'd half expect some one or something to happen in the woods. I'll sit in the tree line and wonder and imagine...

How close to our history do we have to come before we have learned anything? How many have to suffer. Enough? Enough for who? We fought for our personal convictions but others want to have what we gained. Without their own putupance! (is putupance a word?)Too bad.

Have any other's attempted to accomplish nearly the same?
    ABoudreaux Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2008, 11:47 PM
    As an owner of confederate money, if you look in the bottom left hand corner, you will actually note that the company that printed the money was in Columbia, South Carolina. Richmond was the capital of the Confederacy that is why it is printed in bold. As to the value, it seems most likely it will be what the buyer is willing to pay, but on average you can expect to make any where from the value printed to double that, depending on condition.
    TJ1991 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 07:01 PM
    I would hold on to the 1861 because that year is extremely rare that ten dollar bill is estimated at anywhere from 500 to 50,000 dollars determined by condition of course
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 09:18 PM
    What does the the picture look on the front, Al;so who are the signuters on it and the actual side . Have a good day 7 GOD BLESS
    cansomeonehelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420 View Post
    I know my husband would take it off of your hands..lol :)
    I have a 1000$ one how much is he willing to pay
    cansomeonehelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ1991 View Post
    I would hold on to the 1861 because that year is extremly rare that ten dollar bill is estimated at anywhere from 500 to 50,000 dollars determined by condition of course
    What do you think a $1,000 dollar one from May 28th 1861 would got for:confused:
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2009, 12:16 AM

Jonnyg -I need more information off front side of the confederate notes .;; complete dates,;; numbers, what pictures,;;EctEct waiting your reply ;; Have a great day and GOD BLESS::F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2009, 01:49 AM
    Hi, cansomeonehelp!

This is the old and now archived thread of someone else. If you want to post a separate question, then please start a new thread.

This thread is now CLOSED.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

What artist sings "money money money" [ 5 Answers ]

I can't find the song "money money money" listed anywhere.(I think that's what the title is) I don't know the artist.

Paper jam [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hp deskjet d1320. I was printing,and all of a sudden it said paper jam.I looked and there is not a paper jam.. how do I get my printer to unjam or to work?

Print Paper [ 2 Answers ]

Which type of print paper will you choose if you want more contrast than appears on your negative?? :confused:

View more questions Search