Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richord Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 01:06 PM
    AC Inside Blower Stops, Condenser runs continuously Until Entire Unit shut off & Reset
    I have a Trane compressor outside. The unit comes on and the interior blower comes on for a few hours and then stops blowing. I tried to turn on the fan via the thrmostat and it does not work when it shuts down but otherwise works fine so its not a wiring problem. The outside unit continues to work.

I replaced the interior blower motor as I thought the thermal protection was defective. The problem remains.

If I shut off the exterior unit and interior unit via the main circuit breaker and leave it off for a few hours everything works fine.

The fan blower works fine in heating mode.

Is there a fan blower control in the condenser that controls the interior blower? There are two wires coming from the condenser to the control box on the furnace.

Thanks,

Richard
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Are you positive that the inside blower quits running? Or do you just quit getting air through the vents?

If you have a problem such as a dirty filter or low on freon or some of the vents closed, the coil above the blower can freeze over and when it does it will stop the air from coming out of the vents. To me this sounds like it could be your problem.

The only other reason that I can think of that the motor would run for hours and then stop is a loose wire or a bad thermal protector.

Jul 15, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    Are you positive that the inside blower quits running? or do you just quit getting air through the vents?

If you have a problem such as a dirty filter or low on freon or some of the vents closed, the coil above the blower can freeze over and when it does it will stop the air from coming out of the vents. To me this sounds like it could be your problem.

The only other reason that I can think of that the motor would run for hours and then stop is a loose wire or a bad thermal protector.
    YEs, the fan is definitely not running but the compressor continues running. The only thermal protector I know of is on the motor and I repalced the enire motor and capacitor.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2007, 02:00 PM
    You did not say how old your unit is and if it is very new it has a circuit board and it is probably a relay on the board. If you do not have a CB then is is a fan relay in the control box and if you are lucky it will be the plug in type, a new board is very expensive.

Jul 15, 2007, 02:19 PM
    The unit was installed in 1991 and has a control box on the furnace model VR8204-S8600H.

Do you know if there is a relay for the fan blower that is only for the AC not the furnace, since the blower works fine in the furnace mode?

Is the CB you are referring to in the compressor on the furnace?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2007, 03:27 PM
    He is referring to the board in the furnace, the fan will work off a different relay for heat if your furnace has a printed circuit board. This is to bring the blower on in low speed during heating , if you don't have this board then you will have a relay to bring on the fan in cooling and a separate fan switch to bring it on in heating. Check for the easiest solution, a loose wire, unplug and check all connections.
    DKrioent Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 11:22 PM
    Richord - What was the solution to your condition ? (Inside Blower Stops, Condenser runs continuously Until Entire Unit shut off & Reset)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Dryer - heats & runs but stops mid-cycle [ 12 Answers ]

I have been trying to figure out what exactly is up with our Kenmore dryer. We bought it new in 1997 and it has run like a champ till now. It still heats up and the drum still tumbles. In the regular drying cycle - you set the timer for 60 minutes and about 15 minutes into the cycle, the dryer...

Day & Night furnace blower runs every minute [ 11 Answers ]

The Day and Night furnace air blower runs for 20 seconds every minute. This happens even when the thermostat is completely disconnected. The only way to stop this is to unplug unit for several hours( 3-6 ) then it will operate normally for 6-8 hours before starting the blower every minute. Any...

Outside unit doesn't come on when thermostat turns inside unit on so no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat will trip my heater to turn on. The inside blower turns on but the outside unit doesn't turn on. I can get it to go by turnign off the unit at the thermostat and waiting a minute. I turn it on and off until I hear the outside unit turn on. The problem is when the Thermostat turns if...

Condenser runs while heating [ 1 Answers ]

When operating my furnace in the heat mode the air conditioner condenser unit runs. I assume this should not be. What is wrong with my system. This is in a new house - first cold weather experienced.

Inside fan runs, outside fan runs, but air is not cold [ 8 Answers ]

The inside fan runs and runs, the outside fan on the compressor runs and runs, but only hot air comes out. I sprayed the outside compressor coils with the garden hose to clean them and checked the inside filter. Is there something else I could check? Thanks

View more questions Search