Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babigirl1 Posts: 127, Reputation: 12

Jul 14, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Knot above my right eaar
    I have found 2 large knots above my right ear under my scalp. They swell but they don't hurt. Now I have one on the right side as well at the back of my head hair line. They are bothing me and I am afraid to show them to my doctor. Has anyone ever heard of this before and should I worry ?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 08:24 PM
    I have one behind my right ear. I'm not too sure what it is, but its never caused me any problems :)

I have had it since I was little apparently, my mom took me to the doctor when I was just a little kid and he said it was nothing.

I'm not sure if it is the same thing as you have though :)

Jul 14, 2007, 08:28 PM
    The one at the base of my hair line just came up last week. I have had the large one above my ear for years but the past 2 weks it has gotten really big.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 14, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Most likely sebaceous cysts. Get them checked out by your doctor to be sure. Nothing to be embarrassed about. I just recently had 4 removed.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 08:29 PM
    I've always been curious about the one I have. What causes them? Because mine grows a little bit bigger maybe once every 2 or 3 years. Its not very big, but I still wonder about it.

Jul 14, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Thank you so much. I go to the doctor at the end of the month and I will talk to him about this. Again thank you so much
    lolls Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Jun 18, 2009, 12:26 AM

I just got a bad allergic reaction to a black hair dye. It started with a lump on the back of my head behind my ear and under the skin on the back of my neck my neck under my hair. Then my scalp went crazy and I had to go to the dermatologist for a cortizone shot.

The Doctor said it can take up to 7 days for your body to react to a new allergy.

Do you have an itchy scalp? Is your scalp wet like an open wound? Do you have lumps under your skin on the back of your had and neck?

If so go buy a Peppermint Oil based leave in conditioner and leave it on your hair after you shower. It will help you make it through the night without itching. You can leave it in during the day to if you wear a head wrap or bandana.

And call a dermatologist to get a shot. My reaction took over a week in a half to develop so catch it before it gets worse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOrrendous Hair knot [ 15 Answers ]

I have already asked this question before but no one has answered so I am desperate and hopefully with a new title someone will answer. Anyway, I had brain surgery and when I woke up from the anesthesia my butt length hair was in this horrendous knot which does not seem to be budging. I have...

Knot in Top of FOOT [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: I have a knot on the top of my right foot, and it is more to the right side of my foot, and it is swollen terribly! I have had problems with my feet swelling, and over the last few weeks this has gotten worse and worse, and now it is too painful to even wear shoes, if I could get it on my...

Knot on top of my foot [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pea sized knot on the top of my left foot, opposite the arch side. DO you have any idea what this could be? It's a little sore, but not to the touch. Hard like a bone in texture.

Knot on top of foot [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: My son advised me he has a knot/lump on top of foot near ankle. It is hard but does not hurt, what do you think it could be... he does not live with me and told me this over the phone...

A Knot! [ 6 Answers ]

I have this knot on the side of my neck and we can't figure out what it is. It's kind of big but not really(dunno about 2 of my fingers wide) I guess... its been there for almost a month probably... anyone have any idea of what it might be?

View more questions Search