Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iminovewithryan281 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 09:36 AM
    I'm 11 and I'm in love with a 16 year old can I date him?
    OK..
    I'm 11 years old and I'm in love with a 16 year old.
    Can I date him without one of us getting in trouble?
    We don't want to have sex.
    We just want to hangout,hold hands, hug and a kiss every now and then,
    That's all.
    What do I do?
    I love him so much and he loves me back.
    Can I date him?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Oh my, what interest does a 16 year old have in an 11 year old other than sex? (what interest does a 16 year old boy have in anything other than sex? :rolleyes:)

What do your parents say?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2007, 09:41 AM
    11... 16 totally different spectrums! I would steer clear from this guy until your are older, then see what you still think of him sweetie!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 13, 2007, 09:41 AM
    At 11 hun, this is not true love. This is what is referred to by us adults as puppy love.

Have you asked your mom and dad if they will let you date him? They probably won't. The age of consent in your state is 16, which means that he is above the age limit and can very well get in trouble if you two did something behind your parents backs and they found out.

Now as far as a 16 year old loving an 11 year old... hmmm, this makes me wonder what he really has on his mind.
    starlady Posts: 11, Reputation: -6

Jul 13, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Hi I'm 17. U have to see what you really see in him and see if you really like him and if he's really feeling you like that. Because he might not and just want sex but if you have to trust and know that you two won't be doing anything else. But its ealyl your decision because all the advice won't help you. Youhave to decide for yourself because you're going to do what you want in the end, but di you really love him??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 13, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Hello Sstarlady, or more like Stargirl.

She is 11 years old for heaven's sake. She can't trust that they won't have sex, boys have a way of talking young girls into that. They have a way of manipulating the innocent into believing that they love them, that they will be with them forever. 11 year olds just do not grasp that it is all talk to get them into bed.

You say:

but its ealyl your decision
    No, it's not really (is what I think you meant to say) her decision, she is 11. It is her PARENT'S decision. She is too young to make a decision of this proportion.
    wingerpaul Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 01:40 PM
    You need to take your mom's sewing machine and make some new dresses for your dolls Oh wait a min. you might not be old enough for the sewing mc. NO YOU CAN'T DATE ANYBODY AT 11.
    amber_gilbert Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jul 15, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iminovewithryan281
    ok..
    We dont want to have sex.
    Thats all.
    What do I do?
    I love him soo much and he loves me back.
    Can i date him?
    No, you are not emotionally matured. I know you might think you are but you're not. Wait a few years, if he's your true love, you'll find him again
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2007, 05:29 PM
    There is no way an 11 year old needs to be dating. Period, I do hope your parents would not even think of allowing it.
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Jul 15, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Oh my, oh my, oh my... this is scary...

What happened to the age of innocence? I am 23, and I can remember being 11 not so long ago... I was playing with Barbie and watching Saturday morning cartoons... boys were the last thing on my mind, and it wasn't until around this time when I saw the family dog mating with the neighbours that I asked about sex... without that incident it probably wouldn't have even entered my mind!

This is wrong on a couple of levels - One... An 11 year old should NOT be thinking about relationships, sex, love... and a 16 year old should have no interest in an 11 year old!

There is NO way this relationship should be allowed to begin.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Jul 15, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Quit trying to play grown up and go play with your Barbie dolls.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 15, 2007, 09:21 PM
    Wooooooooooooooooowwww! First thing's first: a slap in the face by reality. Hunni, you're 11 years old. You barely know what love is, you barely know what love means. Not when it comes to boys anyway. Maybe when it comes to family and friends and toys (not trying to be mean, cause I still love my teddy bear). Look, you should enjoy your youth... you're not even a teenager yet. You should enjoy life instead of rushing through it, because it's going to go by sooo fast as soon as you hit 15. Trust me, it's a bad idea. More importantly, what do you think an 16 year old has in mind to be doing with you? Just stay away and be careful...
    dazedandconfused77 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iminovewithryan281
    ok..
    We dont want to have sex.
    Thats all.
    What do I do?
    I love him soo much and he loves me back.
    Can i date him?
    I am no expert but a 16 year old should not be desiring an 11 year old... something is wrong on numerous levels. You're 11, you should be thinking about other things. I feel bad even responding because I think you may need a lot more help than what is available here.

Jul 16, 2007, 09:29 AM
    I agree with you but she's going to be the one who chooses in the end so she can take advice or leave it. I'm just saying from my view that there are a lot of young ladies who have much older boyfriends that aren't just in it for sex, but you never know.

Jul 16, 2007, 09:29 AM
    o0o and she should talk to a family memebr she trust's that's an adult, it doesn't have to be her parents but someone she's close to in the family.

Jul 16, 2007, 09:37 AM
    iight I understand and don't jump on me! What I am saying is that no matter what advice we give, because in the end she can be like "i "love" him and im going to do watever i want", she's go'n 2do what she wants. If anything, she's needs to talk 2 someone she trust and it doesn't have to be her parents just an older family member. I would wna to protect her if I was her mother but put'n her in a cage and straping her to a seat won't help because she's going to rebel if she really wants to be his girlfriend. But NO I understand in a mother perspective that she shouldn't be dating a 16 year old
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 09:39 AM
    It does have to be her parents, they are responsible for her.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jul 17, 2007, 06:58 AM
    You are barely a teenager and you want to kiss and hold hands already? Wow!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 07:25 AM
    No you cannot date a 16 year old, you can't date anyone. You could get him in a lot of trouble from your parents, and the police, or anyone who catches you holding hands or kissing.
    marie302 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Ok. First of all. Your 11 years old and you do not know what love is. This is just a crush you have. And how can he love you when your not fully developed you're a baby still. I say wait unti your older and if he loves you he would wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in love with a 14 year old and I am 19, can we date without getting in trouble? [ 76 Answers ]

Hi, Me and my friend are deeply in love with each other! And what I want to know is, is it OK for me to date her without getting in trouble. If there isn't no sexual inter actions with each other. I'm 19 and she's 14. I would appreciate the help !

Is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa [ 59 Answers ]

:confused:is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa and if not why

I think I'm in love after the first date.hope I don't mess up by being clingy! [ 3 Answers ]

I've had my ups and downs with dating since recovering from a break-up from a long-term relationship about a year ago. I recently met a beautiful and smart "nice girl" through a friend and we totally hit it off on our first official date last night. Compared to the bar trash I've been hooking up...

Do believe you can be in love with someone without wanting to date them? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a guy and I have a friend who I have known for a few years. Her and I are pretty close and recently she has been there for me at times where I was down and it felt good. More recently I have thought about her a lot more often than usual and I worry about things for her that normally come in...

View more questions Search