Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Idrees Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Jul 6, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Why God created menstrual system in women?
    Why God created menstrual cycle in women? Couldn't there be any other way. Do female animals have menstrual cycle like women, if not then why women have this thing?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 02:13 PM
    If you want to go by the religious theory, it is because Eve ate the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. Medically speaking, it is just part of our reproductive system. We have to get rid of the old blood that builds up in our uterus.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 02:27 PM
    I think that it is only the pain in childbirth that is associated with eve... technically... the menstral cycle is just the way our reproductive system works. It is the same in all mammals. Its just the same as asking why the grass is green and sky is blue...
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Oh I thought our periods were part of the forbidden fruit punishment. Shows how much I know about religion. Haha :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 02:30 PM
    I could be wrong. Im not really a practicing catholic anymore... but I faintly remember learning that in religion class.

Jul 7, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    I think that it is only the pain in childbirth that is associated with eve...technically...the menstral cycle is just the way our reproductive system works. it is the same in all mammals. Its just the same as asking why the grass is green and sky is blue...
    But is it really true that menstrual cycle is in all the mammals? Really, I thought its in humans only :confused: Is the time same in mammals as well i.e. 7 days in every month. Why female elephant want to have sexual intercourse after so many years, if she has periods every month, it means she is losing egg (ovum) each month which is really a very big waste as once a doctor told me that women have fix number of eggs in their ovaries that declines in number each month. It's not like men who keep on producing fresh sperms. So I am confused about periods in mammals. Can you make it more clear and convince me that it's true that all mammals have menstrual cycle?
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Convince you? Have you never owned a female unspayed dog or cat? They have cycles just like us. The difference is the times. Elephants have gestation periods of 24 months... they are pregnant for 2 whole years!! Each mammal is different some mammals don't show a lot of blood as we do, but they still have a cycle..
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Actually not all mammals experience a menstrual cycle- they absorb the uterine lining built up to prepare for pregnancy whilst we and the great apes expel it (your period).* Dogs and cats have an oestrous cycle, which can be mistaken for a period but is actually a different thing. Estrous cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think female apes dispel their uterine lining rather than absorbing it as they have the luxury of not having to hide it (from say predators) - but this is merely my own conjecture.

I can't answer the religious part of the question - way out of my remit.
    Here is a nice site on the Christian viewpoint (assuming you are I apologies if not)
    The Uniqueness of Human Female Sexuality vs Other Mammals

*there is some evidence that other animals such as the old world monkeys and some lemurs do as well but I don't want to complicate things. Wild Animals: Menstrual blood analogues in non-humans

Jul 8, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    If you want to go by the religious theory, it is because Eve ate the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. Medically speaking, it is just part of our reproductive system. We have to get rid of the old blood that builds up in our uterus.
    I think Adam (Blessings of God be on him) also ate that fruit. If so then why didn't Adam have any punishment like that? See crime is same for both (Adam (Blessings of God be on him) and Eve (Blessings of God be on her)) so punishments should also be same for both (Blessings of God be on them). Besides if females of rest of the mammals have menstrual periods and this is a punishment for Eve (Blessings of God be on her) then why is this punishment given to rest of the mammals like Elephant, Goat, Cow etc. Sorry, but this theory doesn’t seem appropriate. Please comment.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 09:59 AM
    ^^I just pointed out that other animals don't mensturate/ have a proper menstrual cycle in the sense of ours except the great apes.

Also my understanding of th bible is rudementary, but didn't eve convince adam to eat the apple hence why she gets punished? Fogive me if this is wrong.
    americangayboy Posts: 220, Reputation: 38

Jul 8, 2007, 12:57 PM
    I tried to agree with templelane, but I have to spread reputation. Eve was punished because she was the first to eat the fruit and later convinced Adam to eat it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2007, 01:11 PM
    According to the Bible (and Christianity), at the Fall, when Adam and Eve disobeyed God and BOTH ate from the forbidden tree, all of the universe fell into a sinful condition. That is why there are weeds in the garden and cockroaches behind the refrigerator and why female animals experience pain in childbirth and why asteroids collide.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 08:16 PM
    I'm sorry, but in my opinion, this is not the place for religious discussion.

The original poster thinks that menstruation is meted out to women by god because of eve??

Please read Genesis 3:16 for clarification!

I think we need to view menstruation not so much as a curse in our society.

Cheers!
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayman
    I'm sorry, but in my opinion, this is not the place for religious discussion.

The original poster thinks that menstruation is meted out to women by god because of eve??.

Please read Genesis 3:16 for clarification!

I think we need to view menstruation not so much as a curse in our society.

cheers!

Not so much as a curse? That's pretty easy to say coming from a man :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Not so much as a curse? Thats pretty easy to say coming from a man :)

I knew I'd be picked up on that-I am talking from society's point of view, and the point I was making was that it is not a matter of theology, but rather a biological necessity-no menstruation-no endometrium-no endometrium-no babies-no babies-none of us!

One could argue that spontaneuos erections, nocturnal emissions and the embarrassment of same is a curse for boys too-or should we call that a payback by God as well?

Anyway if my post offended you-sorry I was actually pointing it toward the original post/confusion over bible chapter versus biological need for menstruation, versus a curse from God.

Cheers,

P.S. actually thanks for pointing it out-It shows that I should weigh-up my posts a little better next time.

Cheers.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Oh I understand what you are saying :) I was mostly just picking on you. My husband says that "blue balls" is the male form of period cramps and is a curse as well.. haha.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 09:35 PM
    I tell you what is nasty-Kidney stones! But anyone can get them! I am waiting for one more to come out over the next few weeks-that will be fun-NOT!

Blue balls can be rectified easily wink wink -menstral cramps-not really, although Iboprofen may work for some.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 09:37 PM
    NOTHING works on my cramps, I just have to live with them.

And I know ALL about kidney stones, I have them too! The pain that comes from kidney stones is worse than the pain from childbirth, no kidding! :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 10:13 PM
    Well I was discussing this elsewhere, and I wanted to reply to a girl that had heard that it (passing a stone) was worse than childbirth-she had no Idea, and either did I-thanks for your input!

I was in hospital emergency for back pain/kidney stones about three weeks ago-ouch!

Cheers!

Sorry about the cramps... wish I could help you.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 10:15 PM
    I went to the ER for my kidney stones and they sent me home saying there was nothing they could do, I just had to pass them on my own. Thanks for the help, huh? Haha. But yes, passing a stone is DEFINITELY more painful than labor. :) And you're welcome by the way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I've created an airlock, can anyone tell me how to get rid of it [ 4 Answers ]

Help! I changed my bath and sink taps this weekend and so I drained the system and closed all the appropriate valves (or so I thought). Once I finished I reopened the system and taps worked fine. However my power shower now has nothing coming through it... just air. I am told I have created an...

God and women [ 21 Answers ]

Why does God hate women?

I haven't had a menstrual cycle for some time, is it normal? Women only porfavor! [ 1 Answers ]

I am in my 5th year of having a menstrual cycle I have just recently turn 15 and I haven't had my period for about 7 months. I was recently looking at pregnancy symptoms and I compared my symptoms with those but I am more than sure that I am not pregnant I am actually a virgin and I have never had...

What Is Created When [ 2 Answers ]

Benzene, TNT, Picric acid, Nitrocellulose + thermal engergy are combined. C6H6 + C6H2CH3(NO2)3 +(NO2)3C6H2OH + C12H16(NO3)4O6 + thermal energy --->?? :confused: :eek:

Subfolders are created 'cause of malicious software... [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Few days back, I used a pen drive which subsequently started to cause problems by making subfolders (duplicate) of original folders. Now, the computer is going to meet its ending day. What should I do now? Any suggestion would really be appreciated.

View more questions Search