Ask
    juera40 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Probation EtG testing
    My crime was possetion of marijuana would they do a EtG testing
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 08:05 AM
    It all depends on where you are I guess. I'm located in NS canada. My boyfriend was charged with possession of marijuana. He got probation and fined but they never did any tests on him. Was your charge for personal possession or intent to sell. That could make all the difference too
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Hello again jura:

Couple things.

These are cops you're dealing with. I know, I know - you think they're probation officers, but they're not. They're cops. They want to bust you. They get their jollies doing that. They're not there to help you. In fact, they're going to LOOK for reasons to bust you.

Therefore, the answer to your question is YES. They're going to do anything they can to do you in.

The second thing is this: In addition to being a drug, alcohol is also a food. It turns to sugar within a couple hours after drinking it. I don't know what an EtG test is, but if it tests for alcohol, it needs to be administered shortly after drinking.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Not being mean excon hun... but the post was about "pot" not alcohol...
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Hello binx:

You're not being mean. You're just a little uninformed. I didn't know exactly what an EtG test was, but I knew it was a test for alcohol. Plus, I answered Juera's other post where he asked about this test.

Additionally, my post was to inform him about who he was dealing with, rather than whether they would test him. I figured if he knew who they were, he'd understand that they'll perform any and every test they have in their arsenal, in order to bust him.

excon
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Jul 5, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Binx44 an EtG test is ALL about alcohol. It is a test that detects the metabolites of ethanol which CAN be detected for up to 80 hours. It is EXTREMELY sensitive... even vanilla extract will cause a positive EtG test.

Juera40-
    I don't know what state you are in. I have not heard of the EtG test being given to anyone on probation except for a alcohol related crime. I can't imagine that they will give you a EtG test. The test is unreliable because it does come up positive so much even without consumption and it is expensive. My gut says they won't and people who take the EtG test are usually informed to stay away from any type of product with alcohol. Hope that helps.
    juera40 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 12:38 PM
    How you know
    Tessy 777 thanks for answering my question about EtG but what you do for a living how you know all of this I am in New York state
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Jul 5, 2007, 02:36 PM
    I researched the EtG test on the net because I know someone who is going through the same type of thing. ;) I talked to people, read articles, looked up court cases... stuff like that. Some states won't use the EtG because it so sensitive, New York isn't one of them. I just don't think they will test you without informing you. This is my opinion. Good luck!
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 03:36 AM
    Then why in the world would they do it on a marijuana charge? *confused* isn't that like the complete opposite of what he's being charged with? Boy laws in other places are weird
    marchand22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2009, 12:12 PM
    I know where I live they will not give u ETG for marijuana, but I do have a question will THC come up on a ETG?
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Hello m:

Couple things. You'll get better results if you start your own thread... But, I know it's not always apparent how to do that for new people... Maybe some mod'll move it.

No, the ETG test is FOR alcohol. They DO have tests for marijahoochie, though. If you're on probation, you'll probably get one or two.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Flase-positive results on the EtG test for alcohol [ 4 Answers ]

I have Schizoaffective Disorder, and my Doctor told me I could have a few beers here and there and it would not hurt anything, but around Christmas I got pulled over for doing one of those "rolling stop" things coming home. They said I didn't act drunk and were going to let me go home, if I could...

Should Probation Officers Undergo Psychological testing? [ 13 Answers ]

HI! I'm in the middle of doing research for a law firm in Michigan Concerning whether probation officers should be required to under go Psychological testing like police officers do. If anyone has any Comments or stories they would like to share concerning this topic Please feel free, I'm...

Probation alcohol testing [ 3 Answers ]

I am wondering if probation do the EtG testing

EtG or no EtG.THAT is the ? [ 0 Answers ]

I am not taking drugs and am not worried about taking a drug test. I am also getting a alcohol urine test as well ( although my condition did not state no drinking), this is my concern and I drive myself crazy about this... I don't know whether I am getting a standard ethanol test (I would pass...

Testing [ 1 Answers ]

Test post.

View more questions Search