Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babygurl1988 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Sore Nipples
    I've been having sore nipples over the past couple of weeks and I'm not due on my period for a little while longer approximately 2 weeks and I haven't been feeling sick or anything like that and I heard somewhere that sore and tender nipples were a sign of pregnancy and I know this website can't help me for sure and that I have to go to the doctor's and everything but I was just wondering if anyone thinks I could be pregnant because my boyfriend and I are trying to have a baby and everything. Could I be pregnant after one 3 times of having unprotected sex.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Retaining water can cause your nipples and breasts to be sore. Also, when your body is gearing up for your period it produces extra hormones, estrogen and progesterone, which can also cause your nipples to be sore. You can always get pregnant after having unprotected sex, even just once. Wait it out, see if you miss your period. About 5 days after missing your period, take an HPT and then you'll know :)
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 02:17 PM
    If your period is not due for approximately two more weeks(assuming you have an average cycle of about 28 days, and you ovulate at the estimated time of 12-14 days after the first day of your last period) then it would be assumed that you would be ovulating at this time. It is possible that your nipples were sore from your last period, and carried over to now when you are ovulating,(during which some women experience slight cramping and tender nipples, etc. symptoms of a period or pregnancy) however, since you are trying to conceive/having unprotected sex, it would go to reason that you could be pregnant, and your last period was really early pregnancy bleeding.

Jul 2, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Those are both really great answers but I've never had sore nipples before a period before and my last period was a natural period. Can I be a month pregnant with a regular flow period
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Sorry to say, but just because you haven't experienced something in a certain way when it comes to your periods, it doesn't mean it isn't normal. Our bodies are always changing, and our hormones just love to send our bodies through a loop now and then seemingly for no reason at times. Some women swear that they expereince their periods through their entire pregnancy. These aren't true periods, but just pregnancy bleeding. For some some women its completely normal, and for some it causes need for alarm. I'm afraid all you can do is play the dreaded waiting game now. Good luck.

Jul 2, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Before my last period I tested for pregnancy and all 4 tests came back negative and the one at the clinic tested negative too. But I just started experience after eating my lunch earlier and then again after supper when I went to lay down on the couch I got really dizzy and got a headache. Do you think I should go to the hospital or does that happen to some women in early pregnancy?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Did you get a urine test at the doctor, or a blood test? If the one at the doctor said negative, then you probably aren't pregnant. There are a number of reasons you could be dizzy and have a headache. Do you have any other symptoms for me to go by? Have you done or ate anything out of the ordinary lately?
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jul 2, 2007, 02:54 PM
    You might also be suffering from a bit of dehydration if you aren't drinking enough water the symptoms can be similar... Minus the sore nipples.
    JESSICAT23 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babygurl1988
    I've been having sore nipples over the past couple of weeks and I'm not due on my period for a little while longer approximately 2 weeks and I haven't been feeling sick or anything like that and I heard somewhere that sore and tender nipples were a sign of pregnancy and I know this website can't help me for sure and that I have to go to the doctor's and everything but i was just wondering if anyone thinks i could be pregnant because my boyfriend and I are trying to have a baby and everything. Could I be pregnant after one 3 times of having unprotected sex.
    You can become pregnant after one time of unprotected sex with someone.give it 2 more weeks to see if your period comes if not get a pregnancy test done to know for sure.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jul 2, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Jessicat23 please type in lower case as typing in all uppercase is considered screaming online in forums such as this.
    bethym32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 05:13 PM
    I never had sore nipples until 2 years ago right before my period then would go away now have sore nipples constantly and a very very light period very unusual for me and I've already have 3 kids but now they are teenagers I'm 33 omg I hate this they hurt I'm dizzy all the time tired then when I sleep I can't stay asleep weird cravings a little more then usual. Our bodys change constantly so you never know what happens one minute to the next I've taken 3 pregnancy tests all negative so don't always think you are pregnant. Our bodys can have all symptoms of pregnancy expecally if you are hoping to become pregnant then surprisingly boom then period. Best thing to do is wait at least 2weeks after missed piriod.
    Ella8708 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 06:33 PM
    OK now seriously I wish there was an easier way to know for sure but there isn't. I've read almost everything I could get my hands on about sore nipples but the only logical explanation there is, is pregnancy. I've had sore nipples for about 1 1/2 weeks now and my boyfriend and I are trying to conceive at the moment. I always had sore breast (BIG difference) before my period due to the swelling but I've never had only sore nipples. I'm kind of excited to know if I am pregnant or not but I don't want to put my hopes up as I did a pregnancy test and it said negative, could be because I took it a week after we began trying which is WAY to early lol. I think I am pregnant but then again it could be my mind playing tricks on me. Sighhhh the only thing left to do it WAIT :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do men have nipples? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm sorry. I know this question sound ridiculous, but I was asked this earlier today and I wondered the same thing. I understand that women have them to feed their babies, but what purpose do nipples hold on a man? Its not like he really needs them for anything.

Sore nipples, not pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am 37 yrs old, no children, never been pregnant. I am not on any medications and am not currently sexually active. I have sore nipples, both of them. They are sore to the touch all the time. There are no lumps in my breasts and there is no discharge. Any suggestions? They've been hurting now...

Bleeding nipples. [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone had any luck drilling out a bleed nipple on a rad... Top came off in the key and the thread stayed put.

Recent miscarriage, now no period and sore nipples but negative hpt... [ 1 Answers ]

I miscarried 4 weeks ago and had a d&c I have had sensitive nipples for the last 10 days and I just have a feeling that I am pregnant. I have been extremely tired and very emotional and moody and irritible, I have had 3 experiences of stomach cramps last week. I have taken a hpt but it came back...

Sore nipples [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone - I've been having this problem for the past few years. The thing is that every time I wear a cotton shirt or just every shirt I start to get soar nipples. This morning I put on a shirt after my shower. It was approx. 6 hours ago. Now my nipples hurt like hell every time...

View more questions Search