Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prassun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2005, 01:02 AM
    If period comes after having sex 9 days before, is pregnancy possible?
    Hi

I had sex with my boyfriend couple of times in last month. Last time intercourse was 8 days before. Now my period has started today. My question is, is there any chance that I’m pregnant now? Please kindly answer my doubt.
    Some times he doesn’t put his orgasm inside the vagina completely and but it touches upper layer, sometimes sperms drops on my outer skin at my place. In this scenario, is pregnancy possible?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2005, 03:20 AM
    A period 8 days after sex nearly confirms (let's call it 99%) that you are not pregnant.

But you were cutting it close!

You need to do a little reading on how your cycle works.

Here is a good start.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 11, 2005, 06:38 AM
    First, when in doubt - Always see your doctor.

These make good reading. Good Luck.
    http://www.ovulation-calendar.com

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/pregnancystages.html

http://www.babyfit.com This one is free to join and has it's own forum. Also covers other questions you might have, diet, exercise, medication and clinical procedures. etc.

P.S. If your are not ready for a family or the responsibilities, make sure you use protection as there are too many risks out there.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 12, 2005, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by prassun
    Hi

I had sex with my boyfriend couple of times in last month. Last time intercourse was 8 days before. Now my period has started today. My question is, is there any chance that I’m pregnant now? Please kindly answer my doubt.
    Some times he doesn’t put his orgasm inside the vagina completely and but it touches upper layer, sometimes sperms drops on my outer skin at my place. In this scenario, is pregnancy possible?
    First, when in doubt - Always see your doctor.
    Second, Try a home pregnancy test, although these are not always accurate. Depending on how old you are, your cycle might not have a routine yet. The 'pulling out' or ejaculating anywhere near your vagina can make it possible to get pregnant - those little swimmers, especially when young, can last for hours and get to their target. Plus, it is possible to be pregnant and still have a period or spotting - my mom had hers throughout her entire pregnancy, but I'm here... Make him use a condom - he should if he respects you and does not want the responsibility of a family yet. Men should not always put the responsibility of protection on the women..

http://www.babyfit.com **This one is free to join and has it's own forum. Also covers other questions you might have, diet, exercise, medication and clinical procedures. etc.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Oct 12, 2005, 10:17 AM
    The real question should be...
    Prassun - Please ask yourself these questions instead, What will we do if I am pregnant? Are we ready to become parents? If there is no marital commitment between you and your boyfriend, then please don't risk a pregnancy. The consequences of unplanned parenthood are usually pretty harsh for everyone involved, especially an innocent baby. Whether you consider marriage, adoption, or abortion, they all have very serious consequences. Don't do things you may regret later because these things can't be easily undone. Your boyfriend also needs to think about more than just pleasure, he should think about responsibility. Although it's true men should not always put the burden of protection on the women, it is ultimately your body and if you don't respect it and protect it, then who will?
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 12, 2005, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by momincali
    Prassun - Please ask yourself these questions instead, What will we do if I am pregnant? Are we ready to become parents? If there is no marital committment between you and your boyfriend, then please don't risk a pregnancy. The consequences of unplanned parenthood are usually pretty harsh for everyone involved, especially an innocent baby. Whether you consider marriage, adoption, or abortion, they all have very serious consequences. Don't do things you may regret later because these things can't be easily undone. Your boyfriend also needs to think about more than just pleasure, he should think about responsibility. Although it's true men should not always put the burden of protection on the women, it is ultimately your body and if you don't respect it and protect it, then who will?
    Good for you! Hope you stick with the forum, you think along very logical and helpful lines. I tried to rate you, but already did so many time, that I can't now, I have to 'spread' them out, as the message says. Just wanted to let you know. P.S. This thread is getting so large, that maybe we should start another, beginning new with the same issues...
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Oct 12, 2005, 10:29 AM
    Thanks...
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. I agree, the thread is getting too large, but since I am a "newbie" I wouldn't know how to do that, can you? By the way Chery, what are Reputation Points and where can I find out the meaning of all these little things like the arrows and their significance?

Signed Confused but sticking it out...
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 13, 2005, 08:06 AM
    Hi

I think I've answered this one before, but here goes again. It is possible to have spotting during pregnancy. - and unprotected sex, even when he ejaculates outside makes it a bigger possibility. Those little 'swimmers' can find their target from outside too. Get reassured by seeing your doctor - that way you won't have the stress of wondering anymore. From now on, if you don't want the responsibility of a family yet, make the guy use a condom and show some respect for you. Good Luck.
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Oct 13, 2005, 09:55 PM
    I was always told that you can become pregnant @ anytime. The female body is very complex. We will sometimes bleeed when we are pregnant and not suppose to, some of us experience morning sickness while other's will not, you will just never really know. You can't compare what is happening to you to what normally happens for the simple fact, you may be an exception to the rule. When in doubt, see a doctor.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 14, 2005, 02:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmeno
    I was always told that you can become pregnant @ anytime. The female body is very complex. We will sometimes bleeed when we are pregnant and not suppose to, some of us experience morning sickness while other's will not, you will just never really know. You can't compare what is happening to you to what normally happens for the simple fact, you may be an exception to the rule. When in doubt, see a doctor.
    Amen, that is the 'golden rule'. An example: my mom was always proud to tell me that she didn't 'show' and had her period all through her pregnancy with me. P.S. she also tried to abort me when she found out, so maybe that's why. But I'm here, and I am a Survivor still. So, each of us differs.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2005, 06:39 PM
    It is possible but highly unlikely. It is not unheard of for a woman to have her first period after conceiving and therefore believe herself to not be pregnant when in fact she is. However, to have had intercourse 8 days before the start of your period, assuming you have an average 28-day cycle, would make it extremely unlikely that you'd have gotten pregnant. Now for a little personal advice ; if you don't want to get pregnant, then abstain. If you must have intercourse, then use protection. Better yet, both of you use protection. Abstinence is the only 100% sure-fire way of preventing pregnancy. However, other forms of contraception certainly sway the odds in your favor. Best wishes.
    confusedmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2005, 04:14 PM
    Well...
    Hi

Its not likely if you have started your period.. usually your boyfriend has to be completely inside of you for your egg to take the sperm anyway. So its unlikely but if he has ejaculated in you before its possible but probably not if you started your period. You won't even have your period. Hope everything works out for you
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 13, 2005, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedmom
    its not likely if you have started your period.. usually your boyfriend has to be completly inside of you for your egg to take the sperm anyway. so its unlikely but if he has ejaculated in you before its possible but probly not if you started your period. you wont even have your period. hope everything works out for you
    http://www/askdramy.com - the best in the UK - I think, and with a forum.
    http://www.babyfit.com **This one is free to join and has it's own forum. Also covers other questions you might have, diet, exercise, medication and clinical procedures. etc.

__________________ Welcome to the forum, but please ask your doctor or check the sites and see if pre-come does not make one pregnant even if anywhere close to where those little swimmers are supposed to get to. This myth has produced a lot of children. And it's one of the boys favorite excuses for not using a condom. I'm sure you mean well from your own experience, but as I stated before each one of us is different and some sperm are fast and can live outside for many hours till they get where they want to.
    Chandanie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 05:41 AM
    Hi,

I had sex with my Bf in dec 9 days before my period started on jan 1st and now I'm 1 week late in feb... am I pregnant??

Feb 6, 2011, 05:45 AM
    Comment on Chery's post
    Hi,

I had sex with my Bf in dec 9 days before my period started on jan 1st and now I'm 1 week late in feb... am I pregnant??
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2011, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandanie View Post
    Hi,

I had sex with my Bf in dec 9 days before my period started on jan 1st and now i'm 1 week late in feb...am i pregnant???
    Possible, but not the most likely time to become pregnant. Have you tried a pregnancy test? That would be the first step. Your period may just be off. Try a test, following the directions exactly. If negative, give it another week and see if your period is just late. Still no period, wait and see what happens when it would be due for next month (sometimes you may skip one here and there) and test again if necessary.

Feb 6, 2011, 09:55 AM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    Hi DoulalC,

I have not tried a test as yet, but I will tomorrow... this is the first time that my period is so late... I'm getting a lot of cramps & my breast are really sore and swollen... I really am freaking out...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy possible after three days? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, :confused: I didn't have sex (I'm a virgin), but my boyfriend rubbed his penis around my clit, he didn't come in me or near me, he always came outside. But I've read somewhere that even pre-cum has sperms. It was the third day after my period, and its been four days since I was...

Missing period due to pregnancy or breastfeeding? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have an 8 month old which I breastfed for the entire time. As she is eating more solids & stuff, we're still bfing, just not as much. I have had spotting on & off since baby was 4 months. I had an entire period last month (6/24) and now I'm not! It was due on 7/25. I had intense...

112 days since period but not pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

I am 24 yrs old and have been on birth control since 18 (when my period started). I was taking tri-cyclen 21. My husband and I recently decided we are going to try to have a baby:eek: (lol) So I went off the pill. The first month after I was off the pill my period came as expected (like when I was...

Bleeding 5 days before period due [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering for some advice on this I have 4 children and have periods that I can set my watch to. But this month my cyclce isn't due to start till the 15th of August but I started bleeding lightly last night. It isn't heavy I haven't soak a pad in the last 2 hrs possibly enough to wear a liner...

Please, ectopic pregnancy? Implantation bleeding? Or period? [ 3 Answers ]

This is a bit early on to ask I suppose, but when it comes to my girlfriend's health I really would rather be safe than sorry. Her period for the past 3 years has been like clockwork, no more than a day off of her last period. We had an excessive amount of PROTECTED sex last month (condom, she is...

View more questions Search