Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jaysmad74 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Central A/C Unit (Goodman)Blower won't run!
    Im am a new home owner.Know nothingabout central A?C's.I went to start it up yesterday and the unit kicks on outside but the blower won't blow anything out of the ducts any idea thanks!
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Well, with the power off to the furnace, remove the blower door and give the blower wheel a spin, does it spin freely?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Could be the motor, capacitor, relay or door switch Is the panel on on the inside unit? Does it make any noise? You could put a jumper wire on R&G and the thermostat or inside the unit.Disconnect power first. Does anything happen?
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Oops. We posted same time.

Jun 27, 2007, 05:56 PM
    The Blower was working fine when we where running are he couple months ago

Jun 27, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Heat*

Jun 27, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Was going to try running the heater,But therm. Won't go that high .
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Have you spun the blower wheel yet. Do you have a door switch?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Heat usually uses a different motor winding and relay than A/C and fan on. Most quick check is fan ON. If the fan comes on, but not in A/C and auto, the problem is with the thermostat or its wiring. If the fan doesn't run on Fan ON, next check with R and G jumpered at the furnace. You must have power to the furnace including having the door switch held in. Post back with these checks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central a/c unit [ 3 Answers ]

My a/c unit when I woke up this morning wasn't working it was 80 in my house. The fan on the unit outside isn't turning. The inside is working.

Central AC unit outside won't kick on [ 3 Answers ]

Have a York model in our townhouse. Inside unit works and seems to blow out cool air, but outside unit where fan and compressor are does not run. Checked fuse box and did not look tripped. So I flipped it back and forth and heard a noise coming from box every few seconds. My son was outside at...

Central air unit [ 3 Answers ]

I have a central air and heating unit that's about 5 yrs. Old. It will blow air out but not at the temperature that we want. What would be the problem of this unit? Also, my wife had a window open for the last three days would this affect the unit? Thanks myron

Goodman heating unit problems [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Goodman :( heating unit in the house that I moved into model GPM100-4. When the exhaust fan comes on to clear out the system before the unit will fire up. It makes a clicking sound. I have learned that it's trying to pull a vacuum from the exhaust fan to a safety switch. If I suck...

Central unit freezing up [ 3 Answers ]

Our central unit out side frost over when the temp outside get below 35 degrees we have tried to just turn on the fan but you have to have the heat on for the fan to work can you tell what's going on

View more questions Search