Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knuttytoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Winter/Summer fan revolution
    I just bought a condo and there are Hampton Bay ceiling fans in every room. Of course, there are no owner's manuals. Which position does the switch have to be in for updraft and or downdraft. I can't tell just by standing beneath it.

Thanks
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2007, 01:35 PM
    The fan should be going counter-clockwise in the summer, and any time you want to feel a breeze. If you want the air circulated without a breeze, the fan goes clockwise.

Frequently asked ceiling fan questions - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do we Need another American Revolution? [ 42 Answers ]

Do we need another American Revolution, why or why not? What is your opinion?

Ceiling fan direction: Summer vs. Winter [ 3 Answers ]

I moved recently and can't find my owners manual. But I remember it mentioned that you should have the fan direct air downward or upward depending on season. Does anyone know which way the fan should be pointing in the summer? Thanks.

Summer Switch on Furnace- on or off in summer? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model Carrier furnace for central heat in the basement; the AC unit is newer and outside. I noticed that the Carrier unit has a "Summer Switch". Should it be set to off during the summer months?

French soldiers of the American Revolution [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any type of list here in America or France that would list the names of the soldiers or sailors who fought in the American Revolution? I am doing genealogy research on my husband's family and have been told that his 4th great-grandfather came to America to fight in the revolution. We...

French and English Revolution [ 1 Answers ]

I have essya to write and I don't

View more questions Search