Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHR1ST1NE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 01:05 PM
    My cat has given birth. Now what?
    My cat has recently given birth to 5 beautiful kittens. I have heard that they are not allowed to be touched because she will disown them if she smells any one else's scent. She is still sleeping on the very towel she gave birth on and it stinks! How do I change her bedding without leaving my scent? Or is that a load of rubbish?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2007, 01:07 PM
    I've handled a ton of newborn kittens and the mother always kept taking care of them. :) How long ago were they born?
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 22, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1ST1NE
    My cat has recently given birth to 5 beautiful kittens. I have heard that they are not allowed to be touched because she will disown them if she smells any one else's scent. She is still sleeping on the very towel she gave birth on and it stinks!! How do I change her bedding without leaving my scent? Or is that a load of rubbish?
    You can handle baby kittens.The bedding should be changed,and if this cat is your pet and not a stray,she will trust you to help make her bed more comfortable for her and the kittens.You should deworm the kittens in 3 weeks,so take them to your vet.
    timy4evr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 12:07 PM
    How soon after a semi feral cat gives birth that she will leave her litter. Hours? Days?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat (soon to be giving birth) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a couple of questions about my pregnant cat . Well I don't exactly know when the time of her getting pregnant was, but I think she is getting really close to giving birth to her kittens. First of all I would like to know if taking their temperature is an accurate way of telling whe nthey...

My cat will give birth tonight! [ 5 Answers ]

:eek: I need to know some things!! 1.we set up a box and has the food in a different location do we need to put it in the same rm as the box? in the box? 2.Will she be bel to move(walk around&go outside) after the delivery?how long will it be? 3.does she need way more food than I fed...

Post birth sick cat [ 2 Answers ]

My cat gave birth almost 4 weeks ago and she has been fine since then. She has been nursing her 4 kittens and still being her healthy lively self. But I came home from work today to find her acting very strange. She's not moving, and breathing heavily. I picked her up and put her down in a...

Signs cat will give birth soon? [ 1 Answers ]

We took our Female cat to the vet and he said the she had 2-3 weeks until she'd give birth. Monday is Three weeks. I have never had a cat give birth. What signs do I need to look for? How will I know she is close to giving birth?? Maile

View more questions Search