Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redfeather Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Tightening steering wheel on riding mower
    How does one tighten the steering wheel on a Craftsman riding mower?
    acridcola Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 08:11 AM
    If there's too much play you probably need to replace the gears. They seem to be made of cheap material to fail.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2007, 09:43 AM
    To answer your question, you should be able to remove the cover on the steering wheel and see a nut that you could tighted acridcola is right that if you are getting play in it the pinion and sector gears are getting worn. Craftsman are known for this problem.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 10:21 PM
    Yes they are correct. Go to sears.com and enter your model number and you can order your parts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy-bilt riding mower steering problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having problems with the steering on my troy bilt mower. It turns left OK but when you go to turn right it seems the steering gears are not connecting. I sent it in to change the d upper and lower drive belts and they also changed a couple of pulleys. When I got it back the steering seemed...

Steering wheel won't turn [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Ford Focus. My ignition lock wouldn't turn, thus not allowing my steering wheel to turn. I drilled out the ignition lock cylinder and the steering wheel was able to be turned. Now, the ignition cylinder is still out of the vehicle and the steering wheel is still locked. I'm not...

Steering Wheel and Ignition [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I just bought a really cheap 1990 Chevy Beretta. Seems to go fine but the steering is really tight and seems messed with, and the ignition is shot, I put the key in and have to almost force it out. How much do you think it would run me to get these both replaced. Also for some reason the...

Steering wheel and key locks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My brand new 2006 Toyota Matrix (which I really enjoy) started giving me problems when I try to turn the key on, it stays locked. I also noticed that my steering wheel is also locked like when you turn it and the car is off. It's the second time it does this to me. It is not the normal...

Tilt-wheel steering wheel problem [ 1 Answers ]

On my 1998 Buick Park Ave the tilt-wheel will no longer change positions. A couple of days ago I got in the car, adjusted the steering wheel and heard something Pop. Since then, the steering wheel will only stay in that position. Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this problem? ...

View more questions Search