Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2005, 12:16 PM
    How do I find out who links to my website?
    I think I remember that there is a special way to enter a search in Google to do this. I'm looking to find a way to make a list of who links to my website.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2005, 03:32 AM
    Both Google and Yahoo have this sort of search. I go back and forth between the two.

For Google, the search string is
    link: www.yoursite.com (try it with and without the space after the colon)

For Yahoo, you just add the http://

And here's some other odd Google searches I've come across that you might want to check out.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2005, 04:45 AM
    Thanks Rick, that's what I was looking for. Another friend told me that alexa.com does the same thing, I checked it out and it does.

Cheers.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2005, 04:46 AM
    Happy surfing!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 5, 2005, 04:53 AM
    http://www.ks-soft.net/ip-tools.eng/index.htm Try this link, it might be what you are looking for.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 5, 2005, 01:17 PM
    http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...work/whois.htm Check this link, maybe it's what you are looking for. Good Luck.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 9, 2005, 12:03 AM
    Gosh, I'm glad I found this question again. I had the answer last week already and just have to share it with you. There is a program out there called WhoIs, which tells you all about the internet and who is on, so contact me per email and I'll direct you and send you a PDF with all the specs and printouts from the site. Sorry it took so long, but jut couldn't think of who asked that questions until I had some time to browse a little this morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Links [ 3 Answers ]

My computer has stopped responding when I click on a link or on a "click here for further info". I can sometimes go to the linked website by copying the link to the address line. This is a recent development as I have always been able to use all links. I'm using Win98 second addition with MS...

Who links to my site? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a reliable way to find out definitively who has links to my site? I tried Google's advanced search, but it's not showing nearly all the ones that I know of. I know I can get some off my webstats too, but really just wondering if there's a way to get a complete and accurate list. ...

Links don't work [ 1 Answers ]

U know when emails haf links that you can click on, and it opens in a new window? It doesn't open in a new window anymore, it has the mouse cursor as the time thing but then nothing happens and the mouse cursor is the arrow again... I added that site to my "allow pop-ups" so it should work.. this...

View more questions Search