Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tambaru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Keyboard keys type numbers not letters
    Trying to correct the keyboard typing the numbers under the letters. Help
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Jun 14, 2007, 03:19 PM
    You probably have a laptop and pressed the function key along with the num key which causes your keys to change role (from letters to a number pad). Try pressing the Function key and the num key to get rid of this.
    liftjeepxj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cajalat View Post
    You probably have a laptop and pressed the function key along with the num key which causes your keys to change role (from letters to a number pad). Try pressing the Function key and hte num key to get rid of this.
    Thanks a bunch! I just signed up for the site to say that, since it has been driving me nuts for the past week :mad: of course, having a malfunctioning keyboard makes you really hate character map when googling potential fixes. Cheers :D
    avisb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 09:55 AM
    I HAVE A gateway and the same thing happened to me... to fix this problem... just press on the ( fn) key and the (scroll) key,, this fixed it for me... hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't type letters. They appear as numbers [ 5 Answers ]

I have a big problem! When I try to type, some letters appear as nubmers. This only happens to letters that have a number underneath. The other letters appear just fine! But I can't type a full word, nor a sentence! Please help me!

Wrong letters coming up on keys [ 7 Answers ]

I have no trouble with my keyboard except when I want to send an email from my IncredimailXE acct. Recently I updated it and since then I have been unable to use the keyboard because the keys are all mixed up. They don't even have all the letters. Example: I can type"a" fine but this is what I...

Keyboard function keys [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am using SONY VAIO latptop of PCG-K315Z laptop. My keypad function keys are not working that means if want to decrease or increase brightness or volume etc. when I hold function key and volume keys together they are not working. Can anybody suggest me what to do with that. Many...

Multiple numbers and Letters [ 1 Answers ]

I have Windows XP and when I go to miniclips.com, the home page is full of Huge blue numbers and letters and looks like 5 or 6 pages of info is jumbled together. I asked someone to see if the miniclip home page looked the same to them and they checked and said it looked OK. What could be my...

Ordered List: Display letters instead of numbers [ 3 Answers ]

How can I use lower case letters, instead of numbers, in an ordered list? When I use this code for my ordered list it displays numbers: <ol> <li>first thing on the list</li> <li>second thing on the list </li> </ol> Thanks!

View more questions Search