Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ewood07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Buzzing noise coming from my Harbor Breeze Triton Celing Fan?
    I recently installed a 52 inch Harbor Breeze Triton Ceiling Fan with light and remote control in my son's bedroom. When I flip the light switch on his wall to turn on power to the fan I can hear this light buzzing noise coming from the fan. Is this normal? A friend told me it was the remote control receiver in the fan that was probably making that light noise.

Also, when I turn on the fan it seems to be a little loud for a brand new fan. Is this normal for Harbor Breeze fans?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 01:55 PM
    If the fan has both a remote and pullchains then try wiring it without the remote receiver.

Check to see that all screws and glass are tight, nothing is loose.

General ceiling fan troubleshooting and help FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    ewood07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 08:33 PM
    The fan does not have a pull chain. It's installed in a room with vaulted ceilings so the only option was a fan with a remote control. Any other ideas why I might be hearing the buzzing sound when power is going to the fan?
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 09:41 PM
    So the buzzing is heard whether the fan is on or not? Does it buzz if both the fan and light are off?

It might be a loose electrical connection.
    MidiComposer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Most of the fans sold at home centers and department stores are at the bottom of the quality chain when it comes to ceiling fans. So, it is common for them to make noise, wobble, break down or simply not move much air. You must shop at a ceiling fan specialty dealer either online or locally to have access to the better quality brands and models. I would suggest you consider replacing your fan with a better quality brand such as Emerson or Casablanca. However, even these top quality brands make fans in various levels of quality. For the best fans, look for Casablanca fans with their XLP motor or Emerson fans with their K55 motor. These will run dead quiet, last a lifetime and move lots of air. Some online retailers will actually rate their fans, so you can see the difference at a glance. Check out Ceiling Fans, Lighting, Fireplace Doors, Gas Logs, Fire Magic Barbecues and more! as an example of such a site.
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 11:03 PM

While I agree with your post, and I have friends at that site, it's still spam. I doubt you'll be back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Fan working, Fan light not, Harbor Breeze [ 7 Answers ]

I recently tried to help a friend install a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ a light kit (this model 52" White Ceiling Fan ENERGY STARŪ) The fan has 4 wires: green, white, black, and blue. The house has 3 wires: green, white, and black. Per the instructions we hooked up the green to green,...

Harbor Breeze Remote-Only Fan w/o Fan Control [ 13 Answers ]

I have a newly installed Harbor Breeze fan that is controlled only via the remote. When the switch is in the ON position the fan comes on automatically and cannot be turned off. The remote correctly controls the light but does not work for the fan, i.e.. Changing the speed or turning it off. I...

Harbor Breeze Cefiro Celing Fan [ 1 Answers ]

This is a remote control fan and on a regular basis it automaticaly goes from low to high speed. Would like to know what could cause this problem.

Harbour Breeze Celing Fan wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I bought a fan with a remote. My electrician wired in a double switch with a red wire, along with the black and white and ground. Unfortunately the remote box wiring only has a black and white out so I don't know how to wire the red lead. I have wired it to the blue wiring on the fan...

Harbor Breeze Triton #136954 HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a Harbor Breeze Triton #136954 ceiling fan without the receiver; hoping not to have to use the remote. PROBLEM Fan turns on & off from wall switch (works fine), lights do not. There is power to the bulb receptacles, so power isn't an issue. QUESTIONS Can I use the fan AND...

View more questions Search