Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seameat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Joining rain gutters
    I took down my old rain gutters and purchased new ones 10' each. How do I join the gutters together to make a 24' long section?
    ThomasCKeat Posts: 157, Reputation: 12

Jun 12, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Go back to were you purchased your 10' lenghts, they sell couplers and end caps (left & right ends) I prefer to use pop rivets at the tops and gutter sealent to attach them.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jun 12, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Make sure you use a lot of sealant. You may be surprised how inexpensive having gutters done for you.
    The company I use for say your 24' would be maybe $85 if that. And there's no seams to keep from leaking. And they will leak, the sealant don't last forever.
    Do make sure when you do seal it that it have a full day or so to cure before any rain comes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gutters: What to Look For? [ 7 Answers ]

I want to fit gutters on my house. Presently, the house has only a drip edge. But with a new roof and paint job just completed, I think adding gutters, (south FL location; lots of rain), is a wise move. Never having done this before, can someone point me in the right direction? What's good,...

Leafguard gutters [ 3 Answers ]

We're about to engage a company to replace our gutters with "leafguard", one piece gutters. While checking the web for distributors in another family members town, I discovered A LOT of unhappy owners of one piece gutter systems. Most are saying that they are more hassle then they are worth due...

Joining The RAF [ 1 Answers ]

I am very determined to join the RAF but I really want to know about the Aptitude test that you go through when you join. I want to join the RAF as an Air Traffic Control Assistant. Can anyone help me by giving me an example question Thanks Jamie ...

Gutters or no gutters [ 4 Answers ]

I don't have them now but I want them because during heavy rain.. water seeps into basement and sump pump gets rid of it... I want to cut down on water seepage but I cannot afford to repair basement at this moment... will gutters be OK and how do I protect them from ice and snow come winter?I live...

Gutters [ 1 Answers ]

I need help selecting a "gutter guard" product. Do they really work, or do they just slow down the build-up? Which works best? My open gutters get full of debris, but I can easily clean them with a leaf blower. The guard systems have to have openings for water, and it seems like they may trap...

View more questions Search